Bloomberg: ‘Final Fantasy VII Rebirth’ Director Started Out as a Fan. Between 80% and 90% of the development team from the last sequel stuck around fo

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The secret, Hamaguchi said, was a trait that many other video-game studios don’t seem to prioritize: team chemistry. Between 80% and 90% of the Final Fantasy VII Remake development team stuck around to make Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, which allowed for more efficient development, even during the height of the pandemic.

“It was quite clear who to go to if we had a certain question or problem we were trying to solve,” Hamaguchi said. “We were able to work together as a team, achieve this great flow and tempo of game development

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That make sense.
Today I have 41 years old and could be part of that team.
I played the game as I had 15 years old but I was already FF fan due previous entries.

So a fan of FFVII working on Rebirth today is not something hard to happen.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
When teams stay together they form a cohesion and efficiency other teams cannot, it's just common sense. That's why it is troubling when we see mid to upper staff at teams leave known companies and no I'm not talking about lower tier staff or staff that generally has a big turn around once a game is done, that turnaround is the life at any development company