Bobby Kotick claims Gamepass is ‘Value-Destructive’ echoing Jim Ryan

shocknero

12 Jun 2023
Lol, so apart from Xbox fans, who’s said it helps gaming?…
Kinda depends on the game. An IP as strong as COD dropping day one, is better suited sometime after since they are a currently a 3rd party. Game like Outriders heavily benefited, unfortunately SE did give them the support they needed to keep up and players dropped it shortly after including paid players.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
That $3 Billion looking fine for Bobby!

360_F_294667416_JEpzS6jN89WSmwc57MFQ4J7gd7g2xkK6.jpg

Reactions: Jim Ryan
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Could've sworn I read something about Matt booty saying they might back track on their all first party games on gamepass day one (day 6 lately because of that pay for early access shite lol)

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Indies on Gamepass are the worst deal. You could be buying them on deep discount and own forever. Imagine continuing to subscribe to Gamepass because your Hollow Knight save is there. On a 50+ hour game you can buy for $15.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Indies on Gamepass are the worst deal. You could be buying them on deep discount and own forever. Imagine continuing to subscribe to Gamepass because your Hollow Knight save is there. On a 50+ hour game you can buy for $15.
I'm sorry, what? Surely GP (not xCloud Steaming games) savedata carries over to purchases? That savedata keeping was around for XBLA/Demos and then purchasing the full game.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I'm sorry, what? Surely GP (not xCloud Steaming games) savedata carries over to purchases? That savedata keeping was around for XBLA/Demos and then purchasing the full game.
I assume it does, but you'd be a fool to buy anything via the Windows Store. afaik it won't transfer to Steam