Broken Sword – the Shadow of the Templars: Reforged launches on PS5 Sept 19

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

Absolutely buzzing with the return of one of my favourite Point and Click IPs. I've played this on Playstation, Nintendo DS, PC, IPad and Android.

September 19th means Paris in the Fall

Also fuck that goat!!!

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
OP
OP
Dick Jones

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
How long is a play-through in a game like this?
It depends on whether you played it before. You could be stuck like a fucker in one spot for ages. If you do know what to do I'd say under 10 hours as you know what you did last time. If you are too stubborn on looking up the walkthrough it could take ages. That goat derailed me for weeks back in the day.

There are a few times that you could die if you forgot to do something in time (I think maybe three or four times) or if you forgot to get rid of something (thats only once). It would be advisable for a first timer to save at the start of each new location. If it is between joined up rooms then not really unless you want to not replay some sections if you forget to save and close out of the app/game.

Depending on the price, it's on smartphone if you wanted to give it a shot and it's fairly cheap. The second one Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror is also on smartphone if you get the itch. The smartphone versions give hints if you're stuck. The original did not hence me pottering around for weeks replaying up to the goat. 😂

The PS1 also had In Cold Blood by the same studio. You played John Cord (I remember the name) who is a secret agent being interrogated. The story is told in flashback form and everytime you fuck up and die, he says something like "No it didn't happen that way". If you want to try point and click then the Broken Sword series is not a bad place to start. I think In Cold Blood is on PC GOG.com and is more action point & click is that's a thing.

• Informative
Reactions: arvfab and Sircaw
OP
OP
Dick Jones

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Nintendo version delayed. Pity that something actually done is delayed by external idiots. I'm hoping this is a success and we see The Smoking Mirror coming soon to modern systems.

RDT_20240918_1336571223104840017303255.png

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko