Bungie: Destiny 2 saw its highest number of concurrent players in years, We surpassed our sales expectations for a new expansion

Unchained

5 Dec 2022
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/reflecting-on-lightfall

REFLECTING ON LIGHTFALL: LAUNCH AND BEYOND​

22h - Destiny 2 Dev Team​

We’re just over a month into the launches of Lightfall and Season 20, and there’s been a lot to take in. Today, we’d like to dive into the feedback we’ve received, the gameplay updates and quality-of-life improvements we’ve been cooking up, and an early preview of what we’re planning for next Season. But first, we want to start by giving a massive thank you to the millions of players who’ve jumped in with us so far.

With Lightfall’s launch, Destiny 2 saw its highest number of concurrent players in years. We welcomed more New Lights, returning players, and daily active players than we did with The Witch Queen’s launch last year. We surpassed our sales expectations for a new expansion, and we were absolutely blown away by the record-breaking viewership for our World First Race with Root of Nightmares. Lightfall’s OST even debuted as the #1 soundtrack on iTunes against some very steep competition, which warmed our hearts to see.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think after nearly a decade, many people want to see how things end.

It's definitely an interesting / captivating universe and I would love to see some shows based on it.

Basically the only massive shooter GAAS that really held its momentum and sustained through the years.

Great buy for Sony IMO.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Animated GIF

• fire
Reactions: Unchained