Capcom aim to achieve 100 million copies goal in 1 year by using PC as main platform while selling AAA games on smartphones

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

For many years, PC has been our main platform. While we will continue to use the PC as our main platform, I hope to achieve our 100 million copies goal with contribution from AAA-type titles on smartphones.” - COO Haruhiro Tsujimoto

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I.. I think this just defies logic. Last game I played on smartphone was genshin and I preferred an actual dedicated device like the switch or steam deck over my smartphone. I don’t think this will be noticed as a true contender at all.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Pc has been their main platform for years? First time I am hearing this

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Not sure how many would buy smartphone games at those prices. This goes to show that consoles can't get to increase their userbase beyond 230/250M combined for the 3 so publishers have to look for alternate markets to keep growing.

So far they have resorted into extracting more $ per user but eventually platform holders will have to drop prices of their boxes to increase the userbase. Wonder if third parties put some pressure on them in that regard.