Capcom Confirms More Resident Evil Remakes Are Coming

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
img-3348-1701429292437.jpg

After the success of the Resident Evil 2, 3, and 4 remakes, Capcom has confirmed plans to continue the trend, although stopped short of announcing which Resident Evil game is next in line for the remake treatment.

At a PlayStation partner awards event in Japan, attended and translated by IGN Japan, Resident Evil 4 remake director Yasuhiro Anpo said the company will announce its next Resident Evil remake in due course.

Yes,” Anpo replied when asked if Capcom wants to keep making Resident Evil remakes. “We’ve released three remakes so far and they have all been received very well. Since it allows a modern audience to play these games, it is something I am happy to do as someone that loves these older games, and we want to continue doing more.

“What game we will remake in the future is something that we would like to announce in the future, so please look forward to it.”

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
img-3348-1701429292437.jpg

After the success of the Resident Evil 2, 3, and 4 remakes, Capcom has confirmed plans to continue the trend, although stopped short of announcing which Resident Evil game is next in line for the remake treatment.

At a PlayStation partner awards event in Japan, attended and translated by IGN Japan, Resident Evil 4 remake director Yasuhiro Anpo said the company will announce its next Resident Evil remake in due course.
Yesssss more resident evil 😁

Reactions: Diah

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Is set between 4 & 5 or between 5 & 6
I don't know. Revelation isn't really that good by recent Resident Evil standard. Our expectations were really low after 5 and 6. The first revelation lacks enemy variety and doesn't have rich level design. The 2nd was limited to its episodic nature.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Obviously, the remakes are having great sales and reviews, so obviously since they aren't dumb they'll continue with them.

I can see Code Veronica, RE5, RE6 and Revelations being remade. Maybe even the two Outbreak games, which were something rare back then because online wasn't a thing when they were released.

• brain

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
They're gonna be remaking modern RE's soon. I can't say I'd be mad at a ground-up PS5 version of RE7.