Capcom President reveals how many copies he expects Street Fighter 6 to sell in its lifetime

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Hope it's good.
Mildly interested in SF6.
Interested Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

Reactions: Gamernyc78
24 Jun 2022
They shouldn't have any issue hitting that target. I'll be one of them. I just would like to be able to use a keyboard on console for it, or I might get a Hitbox.

I'm just too far removed from playing a fighter competitively on controller, especially with Sony's d-pad :/

Hope it's good.
Mildly interested in SF6.
Interested Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

Have you tried the demo yet? It's worth a run through, I had a lot of fun with the character creator but still need to play through the rest of the World Tour in the demo.

Level 8 CPU is a pain in the ass though. You need to have a decent handling on Drive Rush to get any real damage on it. I've seen some pros talking about the side effects & drawbacks of the Drive system in neutral. Some of the concerns feel valid but I don't think Capcom will rebalance anything there until they see how things play out in tournaments for at least a season.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Then answer was 10 million copies, for those who don't want to click.

Seems ambitious, but within reason, to me. Really deoends on community support and how long it lasts before 7, though.

SFV has done over 7 million at this point minus Xbox as a platform. Don’t know how significant the Xbox population will be this go to bring it closer to 10 million.

However… It does seem like there’s generally more hype behind this one than SFV’s launch.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Realistic and a bit conservative numbers considering SFV has 7 until now and did it releasing on a single console, in a rough state, lacking enough (specially single player) content, with a way lower prize pool, etc., which caused it to launch with way lower sales that it could have by solving all these issues.

Street Fighter 6 doesn't only solve these issues, it goes way beyond starting with a ton of content, apparently in a very polished state, also releasing in Xbox Series (not in XBO) which will highly reduce the toxicity from xbots to SF, with a record prize pool in the genre and a way more established eSports/streaming community and userbase, now Capcom released since over half a dozen years a ton of very successful games in both sales and reviews so people will be more confident with the next Capcom game, now it does many things right to introduce new people to Street Fighter and fighting games, etc.

I think it will go beyond a dozen million units sold games.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Considering SF6 hasnt got the same hate SF5 has ( it was PS exclusive ) I think it will do better.
Ill be buying day 1, I also bought SFV and 4 day 1 too… and SF Alpha 3