Capcom removes DRM Enigma from Resident Evil revelations

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't understand the pirates cheaters angle. Specially in a single player game. Unless trying to imply that modding a single player game is cheating which is... weird to put it lightly.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Imagine thinking this is a bad thing.
Imagine thinking modern day DRM isn't punishing legitimate customers.
Imagine thinking a company removing DRM is a loss.
Yes, pirates and cheaters are a bad thing and must be punished not giving them access to the game.
And all MP games must be protected against cheats (and all popular MP games are) to don't ruin the experience to the legitimate players.
Having the matches, leaderboards and game progression shared by all players broken by cheaters ruin the experience way more than maybe losing a couple fps.

Last edited:
  • haha

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Yes, pirates and cheaters are a bad thing and must be punished not giving them access to the game.
And all MP games must be protected against cheats (and all popular MP games are) to don't ruin the experience to the legitimate players.
DRM like Denuvo is not the way to achieve that.

Pirates get a better experience than paying customers.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Good, fuck drm.

I still can't believe people cheer drm on as some sort of pro consumer move. The only thing it does is screw over paying customers.

This shit gets sorted by pirates in no time, leaving paying players with worse experience, since a lot of this drm crap affects performance.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Others company remove it after launch window… perhaps after a year.

Capcom… ohhhh over 10 years? Let’s remove IT.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Having the matches, leaderboards and game progression shared by all players broken by cheaters ruin the experience way more than maybe losing a couple fps.
I'm talking about pirates, not cheaters.

Pirates keep the industry honest. Although the industry is winning at the moment as the games they're making are so shit that they're not worth pirating.

You say pirates should be punished, yet DRM punishes customers more. If you want to play the game then best way, with the least intrusive anti-privacy malware installed, then piracy is the only way to do it.

Imagine defending practices designed to hurt paying customers, which line the pockets of the Devs.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
DRM like Denuvo is not the way to achieve that.

Pirates get a better experience than paying customers.
This game doesn't use Denuvo.

You should blame pirates and cheaters for having to protect the games with aggresive DRM and always online, not the devs.

Pirates keep the industry honest.
Bullshit, pirates are only stealing to the devs.

Devs who in most cases struggle with lack of visibility and enough sales, having to pay the 30% to the platform holder, around 20-25% in taxes like VAT, whatever they agreed with their publisher and having around a 10% of refunds on Steam.

On top of that they have to handle with people stealing them and runing the online experience of other players and wasting time and money on that. DRM minimizes that.

You say pirates should be punished, yet DRM punishes customers more.
Yes, platform holders like Steam, Epic, Sony, etc should shut down accounts who steal and cheap. Not sure if they already do it, but you should lose all your Steam games for pirating games. And on top of that devs should have a free and fast way to sue you for pirating their games.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Devs who in most cases struggle with lack of visibility and enough sales, having to pay the 30% to the platform holder, around 20-25% in taxes like VAT, whatever they agreed with their publisher and having around a 10% of refunds on Steam.
Vat is not a tax on the dev, it's a tax on the end consumer. At least pretend to know what you're talking about.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
You should blame pirates and cheaters for having to protect the games with aggresive DRM and always online, not the devs.
Calling out poor solutions is not the same as ignoring the problem.

Pirates and cheaters are barely affected by shit DRM. Only paying costumers are.

Yes, I can blame publishers for being morons that screw over the very same people that provide them their money.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Bullshit, pirates are only stealing to the devs.

And the Devs are stealing from gamers.

On top of that they have to handle with people stealing them and runing the online experience of other players and wasting time and money on that. DRM minimizes that.
You don't seem to know the difference between a pirate and a cheater.

Yes, platform holders like Steam, Epic, Sony, etc should shut down accounts who steal and cheap. Not sure if they already do it, but you should lose all your Steam games for pirating games. And on top of that devs should have a free and fast way to sue you for pirating their games.
😂

Imagine batting for the people taking your people.

They can sue me when I can sue them for cheating me in regards to bullshots, paid for media and choosing to prevent me from playing the product I bought.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
And the Devs are stealing from gamers.
Bullshit. They don't get nothing from you other than the money you may pay them in exchange for their games or addons because you want.

You don't seem to know the difference between a pirate and a cheater.
What a low tier troll

They can sue me when I can sue them for cheating me in regards to bullshots, paid for media and choosing to prevent me from playing the product I bought.
When you cheat in a game you are breaking their terms of service, so they can ban you. Cheating and ruining their game you can make them lose a ton of money, so they could sue you if desired. If they don't do it is for PR reasons.

All these dumb reasons you mention to sue them don't make any sense. The opposite, you could even get in trouble if you tell the police that a company doesn't allow you to pirate their games.