Capcom says in new interview they would like to continue to bring back many of its IPs after Dead Rising Deluxe

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Dino-Crisis.jpg

in an IGN interview, Capcom says they woudl like to bring back other IPs

Before Deluxe Remaster, the series remained dormant since Dead Rising 4’s release in 2016. Should fans take Deluxe Remaster as a sign of things to come? Is there a chance Capcom will go back and remaster other Dead Rising games or perhaps consider developing a new entry altogether?

DRDR Dev Team:Capcom would like to continue to bring back many of its IPs. In hopes of expanding upon the Dead Rising series in the future, we’d first like to put effort into promoting Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster and share its appeal with fans around the world.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Capcom knows new IPs are a gamble.

I think going forward it will be, new entries to current big series like Monster Hunter, Resident Evil etc.
Making new entries from other old ips like Dragons Dogma 2
Plus Remakes and remasters. Like RE2, Dead Rising. And some new ips here and there

Give us Onimisha 2/3 ports like 1 please

We say this but they’re still doing new niche stuff like Path of Goddess on some mid-level budget.

I wasn’t particularly crazy about it but it’s more up my alley than Dead Rising was … and in a post Helldivers world…. LOST PLANET REBOOTED

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We say this but they’re still doing new niche stuff like Path of Goddess on some mid-level budget.

I wasn’t particularly crazy about it but it’s more up my alley than Dead Rising was … and in a post Helldivers world…. LOST PLANET REBOOTED

Yeah, thats why I think they’ll just sprinkle new ups once in awhile. Games like Deep Down and Pragmata will be rare.
I never played Lost planet but that sounds cool

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yeah, thats why I think they’ll just sprinkle new ups once in awhile. Games like Deep Down and Pragmata will be rare.
I never played Lost planet but that sounds cool

I liked it. It wasn’t particularly loved or successful but an online driven sequel after their attempt with exoprimal and also post helldivers bug killing (cuz it tried it in similar style).

Could legit work.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The next ones coming back:
10019601.jpg

Power_Stone_flyer.jpg

10018101.jpg

In theory there was also an Onimusha revival, but I'd say that project ended morphing into Path of the Goddess.

• fire

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Capcom was the KING of beat em ups and yet the genre made a comeback but they did nothing to capitalize on that. What the hell.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
why do people pretend to care about dino crisis. lost planet >

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Was hoping for this that they wanted to do more Dead Rising beyond the remaster.

Would love to see Lost Planet back with the modern tech, Okami would be cool too (with the devs that left tho) and they been neglecting their OG mascotte MegaMan for far too long deserves the AAA treatment.

• fire
Reactions: voke

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I liked it. It wasn’t particularly loved or successful but an online driven sequel after their attempt with exoprimal and also post helldivers bug killing (cuz it tried it in similar style).

Could legit work.
Yeah it sounds like a good idea. I love being lost in big worlds, so online RPGs and now newer online games can give you that.

Im still upset TLOU online is gone, because Id love to roam around that world, building a crew, having story missions and whooping some crazies and clickers. As well as some factions pvp

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The next ones coming back:
10019601.jpg

Power_Stone_flyer.jpg

10018101.jpg

In theory there was also an Onimusha revival, but I'd say that project ended morphing into Path of the Goddess.
Im really surprised no1 has done a proper powerstone clone. The amount of characters you can use and types of matches.

Sequel to Final fight would be good too since SOR4 got a good reception

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Im really surprised no1 has done a proper powerstone clone. The amount of characters you can use and types of matches.
Well, normally companies make clones of hit games, games that a lot of people like.

Powerstone and similar games had poor sales in console and poor performance in the arcades, so didn't create a big trend of this kind of 3D fighting games, even if there has been a few before and after it.

Sequel to Final fight would be good too since SOR4 got a good reception
Yes. SoR4 is the best selling game ever, and Shredder's Revenge is the best selling TMNT game ever. A good enough new Final Fight (Street Fighter 6's world tour mode already is this in a certain way) would be the best selling Final Fight ever.

Which wouldn't be difficult: Final Fight 1 SNES is the best selling one with around 1.5M units sold. Maybe with all its other versions it sold 2 or 2.5M units. The total series combined only sold 3.2M units. The market was way smaller back then.

The sad part is that since the original game sales weren't huge I don't think they will invest a lot in a remake, and a brand new sequel is very unlikely unless Capcom turns it into their own Yakuza series (but less focused on story, more in action and with many cameos from Street Fighter and other Capcom series.

Last edited:
  • fire

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The sad part is that since the original game sales weren't huge I don't think they will invest a lot in a remake, and a brand new sequel is very unlikely unless Capcom turns it into their own Yakuza series (but less focused on story, more in action and with many cameos from Street Fighter and other Capcom series.

Do you think they should go 3D like SOR5 or just go 2D like SO4? Im guessing 3D for the Yakuza style series, and Street Fighter/Capcom cameos would be great.

I dont think it would cost too much to invest in a 2D remake. I wonder how much SOR4 cost?
Im loving that Sega are now doing Shinobi with the SOR4 team. Revenge of Shinobi was probably my first wow moment in VG. I went from Nes graphics and music to seeing a cool Ninja with an awesome soundtrack.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Do you think they should go 3D like SOR5 or just go 2D like SO4? Im guessing 3D for the Yakuza style series, and Street Fighter/Capcom cameos would be great.

I dont think it would cost too much to invest in a 2D remake. I wonder how much SOR4 cost?
Im loving that Sega are now doing Shinobi with the SOR4 team. Revenge of Shinobi was probably my first wow moment in VG. I went from Nes graphics and music to seeing a cool Ninja with an awesome soundtrack.
My personal preference would be to go retro 2D pixel art as in TMNT Shredder's Revenge, but only if done by good enough pixel artists. But nowadays would be maybe too niche in terms of sales, and I don't think Capcom has internal pixel artists and I don't see Capcom outsourcing it to some talented pixel art dev team.

I think if well done, 2D HD like SoR4 would sell better than retro pixel art. But again, I doubt Capcom has 2D HD animators.

Capcom has 3D artists and animators, I think they'd feel more comfortable with 3D art an animation, maybe trying to use a more cartoonish artstyle that reminds the artstyle of the 80s/90s 2D games as they did in Street Fighter IV. In terms of sales, I think 3D would be the best selling one.

SoR4, like Shredder's Revenge were made by small indie teams, I assume in maybe a handful years or so. It was published by a small publisher, who would add a small overhead. They probably had a budget of around a million (I have no idea). Fun fact: I know a background artist of Shredder's Revenge, the one who runs the team who did some port of SoR4 and I also had a meeting with a guy from their publisher.

The budget of these same games would be way higher when made at some big publisher like Capcom, because they have a way higher overhead, many more salaries involved from things like executives, sales, marketing, localization, QA etc.