Capcom Spotlight - Rate & Discuss

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Use the poll to rate the show and discuss the games shown below...

What do you think of Exoprimal launching on gamepass? Will it be a hit or a flop?

Are you still hyped for RE4? Day 1?

Resident Evil Zombies GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Anyone interested in Monster Hunter Rise expansion?

Who is trying out the Chainsaw demo tonight?

P

peter42O

Didn't watch it since there was nothing that I wanted to see. Have REmake4 deluxe edition pre-ordered so no reason to see more of it and no reason to play the demo. It's only two weeks away. Exoprimal has potential and day one on Game Pass is a smart decision by Capcom to already have 30m+ players have access to the game. For these kinds of games, it's all about player counts. And mid-July is a smart release date as the summer is usually dead so could pay off and even if it doesn't, getting a payday from Microsoft for it to be on Game Pass day one will help the game come out ahead. As for Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, looks good but too many other games that I want to play so it's one of several games that I eliminated as it's simple process of elimination. Still waiting to see Pragmata gameplay which will probably be at the PlayStation Showcase in June. Still waiting on my Final Fight Remake. No interest in Street Fighter 6 or Mega Man.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I downloaded the RE4 demo. Exoprimal can fuck off til I get it free on PS Plus, as can anything else that goes Game Pass day one. MH Rise is of no interest, as I already have World.

• brain

EN250

17 Feb 2023
Didn't watch it, presentation wise was good at least? The Village one they did long ago was nice

• they're_right_you_know

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What do you think of Exoprimal launching on gamepass? Will it be a hit or a flop?
I don't care about GP or this game, may buy it when very cheap. I think it will be the first Capcom flop since the SFV launch, with the difference that SFV did a comeback and became a great super successful game and Exoprimal I think simply will die quickly.

Are you still hyped for RE4? Day 1?
Pretty likely day 1.

Anyone interested in Monster Hunter Rise expansion?
Nah, I'll completely skip MHR and will jump from MHW to MHW2/MH6.

Who is trying out the Chainsaw demo tonight?
I completed it and it's awesome.

• party

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Just cause a game goes on Gamepass =/= trash. Fact of the matter is given the low sales of particular publishers on the Xbox platform and of particular genres, getting the guaranteed money from MS > selling on that platform. Double edge sword obviously, but if you go by median sales expectation, and not delude yourself with a potential pie in the sky lottery, you stand a good chance of recouping a lot of dev cost, and make money on Sony's platform and PC. Obviously this is unfair to Sony's platform consumers who in essence fund these devs at full price but that's something Sony has to figure out - that is, how to throw their weight around to fuck with Gamepass Day 1s. The bigger the market share, the greater the weight. It's a top management question of exercising leverage over developers with some sort of publishing req (that is detrimental to Gamepass) for the luxury of releasing on PS. Obviously the decision so far has been to manage it, only apply clauses to exclusives, and offer a competitive service but there are other, more hardline approaches. Like: requiring all titles published on the platform can not go day 1 on a competitive subscription service for the first 7 days (or X time frame) since launch. Loopholes aplenty, but there are ways to legalese those as well... if devs somehow try to skirt around with different "editions" of the same game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 417