CD Projekt: "We need to fix the relationship with our players"

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

CP77_Phantom_Liberty_KV_16x9_RGB_4K_01_EN.png

"The biggest thing was standing up and saying 'we have to do it'. Yes we were expecting a different launch for Cyberpunk, but now we have another chance in front of us. For me, as the person responsible for communication, I want to rebuild the connection with gamers, because we had people following us for years and they were disappointed. That's, for me, is the biggest thing. We have to make the game for them."

Platkow-Gilewski says there is now an entire team dedicated to improving life within the studio, and that includes putting an end to excessive working.

"Work-life [balance] is really important to us. It always has been but it was hard to maintain the balance. I'm enjoying my private life now way more than I used to. We are improving, rebuilding, reshaping the studio on so many levels that it's hard to say precisely what's happening. But work-life balance, how we work together, how we empower even smaller teams, what are the pipelines, how we speak with management, all that... it's constantly changing.

"There are a group of people responsible only for transformation. They are not responsible for the quality of what we are delivering, but what's going on in the studio, including creating new spaces so it's way more comfortable to work. The whole COVID situation hit us as well and we had to figure out how to work [with people at home]. On the one hand, we are missing our colleagues because we don't see them so often, but on the other hand we learnt how to work with digital tools to make sure that everyone knows everything.]

"All this mess started when we were still making Cyberpunk, but now we have the time to work on these tools to develop them, to create best practices… it's an interesting time."

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
My only problem with Cyberpunk was that it sucked. Only game ever I bought day one and requested a refund due to it's lack of quality.

I was ready to like the game and willing to pay $60 and then I was met with whatever that was, some sort of Bethesda inspired abomination.

Reactions: John Elden Ring