Challenge: Fix Forspoken

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Firstly get RID of the Joss Whedon style Marvel dialogue, get rid of the talking Cuff (why did anyone think this was a good idea?)

Get rid of the whole New York prologue, instead have Frey start off in the fantasy world with amnesia and slowly piece together how she got there. It would add a lot of mystery and intrigue to the game.

Make Frey more stoic and less of a chatterbox with cheesy one liners, basically make her more like the Control protagonist.

The game should be a linear semi open world game, it should play like a combination of Infamous second son and Control.

Fire whoever was in charge of the marketing, the trailers foe this game were garbage.

The most glaring problems with the writing are that Frey is straight up unlikable. She's the one with the world saving power and people come to her for help, but instead she goes into "fuck this fucking shit I won’t help this shithole this is your fucking problem" mode everytime she's reminded that only she can help out. She pisses and moans all game long that she has to do something to help these people and it's way, way more annoying than her occasional marvel quips.

maxresdefault(4).jpg

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Frey didn’t want to help them because she didn’t want to even be there to begin with. Her attitude was mostly justified….imagine if your home and live savings were burned just when you were preparing to start a new life. She was literally about to commit suicide right before she was transported to Athia, so expecting her to suddenly become the friendly neighborhood superhero is asinine. It’s hard to change much about Freys character without first changing her entire background.

The dialogue was a bit cringey but I also found it endearing.

I think the main thing that needed to be changed was the abysmal graphics and optimization. Art direction as a whole was horrendous. Everything about that game was hideous and it ran like trash… I’m not someone that cares about graphics too much usually, so if I’m complaining than that means it’s a serious issue. It also shouldn’t have been open world. It’s probably the worst open world in a game I’ve ever seen.

I still overall enjoyed the game though.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I actually have this game in my backlog, I got it for about 12 euro...

I obviously can't give much feedback yet that hasn't already been discussed as my insight is limited but I'm really curious to see how it goes.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I actually have this game in my backlog, I got it for about 12 euro...

I obviously can't give much feedback yet that hasn't already been discussed as my insight is limited but I'm really curious to see how it goes.
That’s a good price, definitely worth it there. I got it for $20 and don’t regret it

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Frey didn’t want to help them because she didn’t want to even be there to begin with. Her attitude was mostly justified….imagine if your home and live savings were burned just when you were preparing to start a new life. She was literally about to commit suicide right before she was transported to Athia, so expecting her to suddenly become the friendly neighborhood superhero is asinine. It’s hard to change much about Freys character without first changing her entire background.

The dialogue was a bit cringey but I also found it endearing.

I think the main thing that needed to be changed was the abysmal graphics and optimization. Art direction as a whole was horrendous. Everything about that game was hideous and it ran like trash… I’m not someone that cares about graphics too much usually, so if I’m complaining than that means it’s a serious issue. It also shouldn’t have been open world. It’s probably the worst open world in a game I’ve ever seen.

I still overall enjoyed the game though.

I think a stoic charecter like Sam Porter in Death Stranding would have worked a lot better than a sarcastic Marvel tier one, the first trailer for Project Athia gave off the vibe of a baddass stoic girl.

We didn't need to even give her a background, tbis is the problem with modern media, everything is overexplained. Whatever happened to mystery?

Let her slowly piece together her past and how she got into the world instead, Death Stranding did world building a lot better.

If they combined Death Stranding with Control and infamous we could have gotten a masterpiece.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I actually don't think that much needs fixing. The dialogue isn't that bad. What it needs is a better color palette. They went wrong with the art direction of the game, it's too boring and flat for being in a fantasy world. Better lighting, color palette, and optimized performance. Oh, and they could have polished some of the cutscene animations because sometimes the character models are pretty inconsistent in quality. Also maybe could have given you more/less boring spells to start, game was pretty lame with just the rock blaster spells

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters