ChatGPT was used to write Gollum game apology, it’s claimed

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Talked to an old college professor of mine a week ago. He said he uses ChatGPT to write his lesson outlines. And its not like this was some clown school either, I went to a land grant university. The future is now, man.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Big deal, had it write a speech for me the other day with a basic outline. Tweaked it a bit after, but it saved me an hour easy.
Yes it is very helpful overall. I guess the angle is it really isnt coming from the heart when Ai is doing it. Either way we know more than likely it's not comjng from the heart either way 😂

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
At first I read it as it was used to program the game. I thought that made a lot of sense.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I just have a few things to say on this, that are totally my own opinion and not generated by an AI ;)

Criticizing the developer of the Gollum video game for using ChatGPT to write an apology is a subjective matter, and opinions on this issue may vary. However, I can outline some potential concerns and criticisms that people might have:

1. Lack of Authenticity: Some individuals may argue that using an AI like ChatGPT to write an apology lacks authenticity. They may believe that apologies should come from individuals involved in the development process and reflect their genuine remorse and commitment to addressing any issues.
  2. Responsibility: Critics may argue that the developer is trying to shift the responsibility for the controversy onto a machine, rather than taking full accountability for any mistakes or issues associated with the game. An apology should typically come from the responsible party.
  3. Impersonal: AI-generated apologies can come across as impersonal and detached, lacking the emotional depth and sincerity that a human-written apology might convey. This may not resonate well with players or the affected community.
  4. Transparency: Some people may question whether using AI to draft an apology is a way to avoid transparency. They may argue that it could be seen as an attempt to obfuscate the true intentions and actions of the developer.
  5. Public Relations Strategy: Critics might suggest that using AI to write an apology is a calculated public relations strategy rather than a sincere attempt to address the concerns of players and fans. This could lead to further backlash and mistrust.
It's important to note that the use of AI in various contexts, including public relations, is a matter of ongoing debate and discussion. While some may view it as a legitimate tool for communication, others may see it as a way to avoid taking responsibility or expressing genuine remorse. Ultimately, the perception of the developer's actions will depend on individual perspectives and the specific circumstances surrounding the apology.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Why should Nacon feel remorse? Even if the game was bad it was still better than 90 percent of their leavings, the difference was that this one was a Lord of the Rings game so big players paid attention to it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Yes it is very helpful overall. I guess the angle is it really isnt coming from the heart when Ai is doing it. Either way we know more than likely it's not comjng from the heart either way 😂

It's like the invention of calculators