China's plan to clone the entire games industry - Belinda

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Summary please? Because I'm not listening to a youtube video in public.

That said, I preemptively dou t it. China has proven to not know or care about games in its own country, I doubt it cares about them in ours.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
@Airbus

It explains why Western developers, journalists and social media grifters (Alannah Pearce) are trying so damn hard to cancel Far East made games.
The fact Nintendo and PS aren't standing up to this mockery is puzzling.

Stellar Blade and Genshin Impact got their dues... now it's time for the rest to SHINE (Lost Soul Aside, Wuchang, Black Myth, etc.).
And that's just Far East offerings. Can you imagine when Brazil, Spain, India, Eastern Europe, etc. really lift off!?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
How is it supposed to work? And summery please.
Basically making clones of games very fast.

Highlights that games like Farmville were very closely based on other games but reached higher highs.

It also mentions that the key in the philosophy is speed. They can make a similar game in a relatively quick time.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Basically making clones of games very fast.

Highlights that games like Farmville were very closely based on other games but reached higher highs.

It also mentions that the key in the philosophy is speed. They can make a similar game in a relatively quick time.
And did it talk about government involvement or not?

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Fearmongering aside… I’m actually kinda interested in what the next 20 years will look like with rate of Asian growth in the industry.

In both gaming and cinema/tv I’m expecting huge shakeups.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Fearmongering aside… I’m actually kinda interested in what the next 20 years will look like with rate of Asian growth in the industry.

In both gaming and cinema/tv I’m expecting huge shakeups.
Yeah it also comes at a good time for them, when western development for a large part has gone to hell. Many making political statement rather than games

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me
OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
And did it talk about government involvement or not?
Not at length , just said there are laws in place that are similar to the west but they are rarely enforced and laws can change very quickly but are more focused on culture... Protecting Chinas social goals etc.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Not at length , just said there are laws in place that are similar to the west but they are rarely enforced and laws can change very quickly but are more focused on culture... Protecting Chinas social goals etc.
Okay, so then "China" aka the Chinese government, isn't really doing anything. And as to Chinese companies making cheap copies of stuff. Its games, everyone copies each other, everyone tries to be cheap.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Part of the video is good and interesting, part of it is just dumb anti-China stuff. There's a ton of original Chinese games, and a ton of non-Chines companies who also clone and copy.

Another China fearmongering already ?
Well, at some point the video says that the government controls everything in China including the game companies and games. Which is false.

Yes, they ban some content and approve the games published there, in a somewhat similar way than how western platforms or retailers or countries ban some content and require to pass content/age regulation systems and acheive certain rating to be allowed to be published there.

But there's also Chinese companies who work on tons of AAA western game as outsourcing firms, games whose content isn't affected by local regulations and that in many cases never are published there simply because their publishers are focused on other markets.

Yes, they have their own different culture with different values and goals, and have different regulations, as it's to limit the maximum daily playtime for kids because they want them to focus on education and many kids/teenagers don't live with their parents because they study in a different city and live in student residences.

The video also talks as if considering what it works in the market and copying it would be something like a national strategy for China, when it's something that most companies have been doing always worldwide since forever.

Okay, so then "China" aka the Chinese government, isn't really doing anything. And as to Chinese companies making cheap copies of stuff. Its games, everyone copies each other, everyone tries to be cheap.
You talk as if your government didn't control the people and companies of your country. Try to don't pay taxes, skip regulations and so on and see what happens.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
LMAO as if western game dev is full of new ideas and the pinnacle of innovation. With the way things are going West will have its own version of social credit score etc so having china takeover the world and industries is not so bad and that much different, China has its own set of problems but hey at least the chinese ladies are pretty and not fat 🤭

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I tend to instantly dislike games I perceive as clones, there is just something so uninspiring about a studio being able to create anything but deciding to make an obvious clone of something else instead.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: 2spooky5me