Chinese media: 'Black Myth: Wukong' refused to be extorted $7 million by SweetBaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Those people are a frighin’ cartel (if true). However, I do agree that, well, maybe this ain’t true.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Those people are a frighin’ cartel (if true). However, I do agree that, well, maybe this ain’t true.
I mean if it was a contractor asking money for something… well I can believe.

But a random without any tie with the company come and ask money to them? No matter the reason it doesn’t make sense.

Seems like something somebody says / do just get attention independent of if there is some true story behind the scenes.

Reactions: Entropi

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
As I can't read Chinese, I can't pile on properly. If it is true that they wanted a 7m protection racket then fuck those scamming cunts. If not, then we shouldn't make up shit when there are legitimate grievances. It weakens the complaints.

Reactions: Sircaw

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The mere idea of Sweet Baby existing is insulting to me, congrats to these Chinese devs if they were willing to not fall for it, if this is true they'll have gained my respect.

I haven't played any Chinese games and don't have big expectations of them but being able to not fall for this BS is a good sign. I want to play games by creators that have a vision for their own games and don't need to hire consultants to tell them what their games is going to be about.

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
That story doesn’t even make sense…

The company created a game and somebody without any tie with it come asking $ millions?

I mean I can ask $ million for any developer that doesn’t mean I will get a news headline about it… let’s not talk about getting the $$$ 😂😂😂

lol

It feels like somebody is making up story imo.
the older you get the more you realize if you aint mafia then you aint making money

• fire
Reactions: ethomaz

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Ofc this starts up after the news the Xbox version won't make it in time.

Why the fuck would an American entity have influence on a Chinese dev based in China under CCP control.
I thought the scammers were Canadian based? I wouldn't fuck with China as they would probably figuratively strangle a company trying to fuck with them.

For Zau, the devs hired a North American company for sensitivity of using African culture in the game. Let that sink in. They might as well hire me to help with Vanuatu culture as Sweet Baby and myself have a similar respective knowledge. Fucking zero.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I don't believe anything this Pirate Nation loser says
The anti china sentiment in this place is still strong to the point they rather side with sweet baby inch than that developer because theyre from china

Wake up people chinese and asia market are huge

So far SBI only had their grip on american and western europe developer

$ 7 million is peanuts to the global presence they can get in the future if they can get their grip on more eastern china, korean, japanese developer like tencent, square enix, capcom etc

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I need to see some real receipts before I bury someone.
Its on weibo and gaining alot of traffic there

In china you can get arrested for spreading missinformation anyone reporting fake news can get arested there so anyone who report this must have absolute certainty about this story

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
This is most likely false and an example of glorious CCP propaganda but we have to consider that having an entity like SBI on board does prevent negative articles from your friendly neighbourhood news websites like gamer, cucktaku, polygon etc. Guess the consultancy grift has finally reached the shores of gaming in full force. I used to work for ZS and holy shit the amount of effort spent on to increase billable hours was so egregious, Consultants are leeches in human form

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz and Airbus

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The anti china sentiment in this place is still strong to the point they rather side with sweet baby inch than that developer because theyre from china

Wake up people chinese and asia market are huge

So far SBI only had their grip on american and western europe developer

$ 7 million is peanuts to the global presence they can get in the future if they can get their grip on more eastern china, korean, japanese developer like tencent, square enix, capcom etc
?

We are sided with the developer.

That doesn't make any of the bullshit story true.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Its on weibo and gaining alot of traffic there

In china you can get arrested for spreading missinformation anyone reporting fake news can get arested there so anyone who report this must have absolute certainty about this story
Yeap... random twitter using VPN getting arested in China...

Man the reaction in this place is the complete opposite to those on twitter
Yeap the correct take is to believe in what you read on twitter when 99.99% of the posts there are fake.

The story doesn't hold up... it is really a bad story.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
?

We are sided with the developer.

That doesn't make any of the bullshit story true.
We kinda get the point now

Youre from the west

You only trust and read gaming news from western website/ western twitter acount

So weibo or any other eastern acount source have lower credibility in your eyes right

Status
Not open for further replies.