Cities: Skylines 2's first post-launch DLC, Beach Properties, is out now and players aren't happy: 'This is a disgrace'

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Beach Properties is a weird DLC to lead with. It's an asset pack, so it doesn't introduce any new features, instead throwing a waterfront zone, a bunch of new growable buildings, six signature buildings and, erm, four trees into the mix. Despite the name, it doesn't actually include beaches, and the assets have been criticised for mostly being a bunch of regular houses.

Granted, at $10/£8.49, this was not going to be a beefy expansion. And it's probably better for Colossal Order to work on getting the game in a better state than shifting to developing brand new features. Even with that in mind, though, players haven't been too impressed with the value on offer here.

"There is nothing in this DLC that justifies it costing a fifth of the price of the base game," one review reads.

"This is a disgrace. The assets look nice, but for 10 euros, there is way too little in this DLC,"

reads another.

IMG_6892.jpeg

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
The first game was really good, what in the hell did they mess up in this one to where it's getting dumped on so much?

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
$9~ DLC for some new optional structures/assets seems fine imo. Though, maybe I'm not fully understanding the situation.

I'm personally still waiting on the PS5 version. Hopefully the PC version has been fixed.l and hopefully a 40 series and a PS5 Pro won't be needed to run the game smoothly.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
$9~ DLC for some new optional structures/assets seems fine imo. Though, maybe I'm not fully understanding the situation.

I'm personally still waiting on the PS5 version. Hopefully the PC version has been fixed.l and hopefully a 40 series and a PS5 Pro won't be needed to run the game smoothly.
Nah, it's robbery. For 10 quid it should have proper new features and a massive apology to fans for the shitshow of a release.