The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GTqG_5PaUAAP4SW

via PlayStation Blog

Unique approach to classic, turn-based RPG gamepl

- "Reactive turn-based" battle system

- Sandfall Interactive's attempt at making a turn-based RPG with high-fidelity graphics

- Game design combines fantasy and the French historical period of Belle Epoque

- Inspired by JRPGS like Final Fantasy, Tales series, Lost Odyssey and Persona

- Story inspired by Attack on Titan

- Also inspired by action games like the Souls series, Devil May Cry, and NieR

- Dodging and parrying is key

- You can aim your ranged weapons to hit enemy weak points

- Huge boss battles that will test players’ skills - Coming 2025

Reactions: Kokoloko

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Looks very interesting. Will wait a few days after release to see how it runs, but might be a near-day-1 purchase.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Looks great and it being turn based surprised me when I was watching the trailer during the Xbox Games Showcase as I was thinking that it was a third person adventure game. Combat looks really good. Looking forward to giving Expedition 33 a chance via Game Pass which works out great for me.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Good for turn based fans.

I use to play JRPG’s despite the combat. Always preferred action combat or strategy combat RPG’s to turn-based with some exceptions like FF, Suikoden2, PanzerDragoonSaga, Xenogears etc. So this will probably be a pass for me unless its fantastic. Depends on mood too lol

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Good for turn based fans.

I use to play JRPG’s despite the combat. Always preferred action combat or strategy combat RPG’s to turn-based with some exceptions like FF, Suikoden2, PanzerDragoonSaga, Xenogears etc. So this will probably be a pass for me unless its fantastic. Depends on mood too lol
how are you getting over it?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Ummm well Im use to them from playing JRPG’s since I was a kid. Unless this game is amazing I probably wont buy/play it till my backlog is finished and Im really in the mood for a turn based RPG. Im not doing mediocre Turn based RPG’s anymore lol.

Now something like Disgaea, Baldurs Gate, Shinning Force, FireEmblem I would be on day 1. Or an action RPG like FF7R