Concord Director Steps Down

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
84202274d24c0943accf9a45a11a959f.jpg

It’s been two weeks since Sony announced it was taking the unprecedented step of unreleasing Concord and almost as long since the ill-fated, sci-fi hero shooter was officially taken offline. In the time since, Kotaku understands that developers at Firewalk Studios have been in limbo about their future as they await Sony’s decision about what comes next for Concord and the team.

Source

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think the DEI team and the "professor" and the ones pushing the woke stuff in general are the ones who should resign or be fired. And maybe whoever -like this director- didn't stop them to put there common sense instead.

Woke propaganda bullshit made the game unappealing on purpose to user demographics group who fills almost all the playerbase of this type of game censoring what they like and instead putting all these ugly, boring, unappealing, generic, androginous, not likable etc. characters.

Last edited:

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Yep the director stepped down to a more support role, but from the cut throat Sony perspective they gonna gut the studio and extract some of the talent. I would'v said prior they could support Bungie, but Totoki has halted resources over there. The name is tainted so if they even remain, best thing to do imo is rebrand them and co-develop under another studio for a classic PS shooter. But I don't think Hermen wants to risk it even giving Killzone to them at this point.

I don't know what's taking so long
The 30th celebrations, they don't wanna divert attention to them. Was smart to close down the moment Astro came out to muffle the noise, we probably hear the shutting down early next year.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Damn shame how this all played out. They made a fantastic game albeit with a few mistakes but still sucks how it all played out.

Reactions: Bryank75

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I think the DEI team and the "professor" and the ones pushing the woke stuff in general are the ones who should resign or be fired. And maybe whoever -like this director- didn't stop them to put there common sense instead.

Woke propaganda bullshit made the game unappealing on purpose to user demographics group who fills almost all the playerbase of this type of game censoring what they like and instead putting all these ugly, boring, unappealing, generic, androginous, not likable etc. characters.

If that cast of characters was in an open world game, or something like Deadlock, it would have been fine. Multiplayer gamers don't care about characters. We care about game design and mechanics.

That said, the characters did make it a target on social media pre release. I'm sure that didn't help. But really, if the game was great everyone would have looked past the pronouns easy. This shows you that the game flopped because it just wasnt fun enough to play...

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
They are actually doing what I would have done for once. I called them pulling out the game from sale and quietly laying off/firing people over the course of year, more people will be given the option of leaving at the end of the month and end of december as well with a proper culling happening in march next year.

Whatever experiment Sony ran with regards to game design for modern audiences is now over, now lets see if they can rein in insoymniac and cuckmann

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Whatever experiment Sony ran with regards to game design for modern audiences is now over,

Easy now, we're still getting at least one more game out of Neil Druckman, another from Naughty Dog and another from Insomniac.
All these are in advanced production stages, meaning the writing and characters have been set in stone for a while and they were written during peak DEI/ESG.

We'll be getting some fun couple of years. Concord is most probably not the end of an era, it's the start of another.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Easy now, we're still getting at least one more game out of Neil Druckman, another from Naughty Dog and another from Insomniac.
All these are in advanced production stages, meaning the writing and characters have been set in stone for a while and they were written during peak DEI/ESG.

We'll be getting some fun couple of years. Concord is most probably not the end of an era, it's the start of another.
Oh I am sure we are going to see more clownery. The odds of Naughty Dog shitting out an average game is very high with law of averages and all, we are due a flop from them. They lost a lot of goodwill with part 2 after reaching the peak with uc 4 and part 1, many wont buy their games day 1 like before.

But if it takes a flop to get rid of cuckmann and some house cleaning to happen then I am all for it

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

I can't believe I like your comment. You should write more of this. 😆

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Oh I am sure we are going to see more clownery. The odds of Naughty Dog shitting out an average game is very high with law of averages and all, we are due a flop from them. They lost a lot of goodwill with part 2 after reaching the peak with uc 4 and part 1, many wont buy their games day 1 like before.

But if it takes a flop to get rid of cuckmann and some house cleaning to happen then I am all for it
They don't need house cleaning, it happened on their own after TLOU2. Loads of devs just quit.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Game is still getting daily updates, I wonder what's truly happening behind the scenes with this tho 🤔

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

They can apply modifications to de-emphasize DEI, slightly midify characters look and replan their marketing strategy.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yeah but Cuckmann and his coven of femnazis are still there lol, the dude brought in sarkeesian for consultancy lol. ND is soo cooked, I hope he fucks of to hollywood sooner rather than later
I don't really know why companies are butchering themselves with this shit. It seems as if it is something out of their hand. You think government pressure? Investing companies pressure? What derive all this modern audience shit? It seems like it's dictated on them from higher entity.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
They don't need house cleaning, it happened on their own after TLOU2. Loads of devs just quit.
Which ones though? The good or the bad?

They can apply modifications to de-emphasize DEI, slightly midify characters look and replan their marketing strategy.
That would imply a level of consciousness those people don't have. Look how blindsided they got from the response to Concord. And still today you get all the access media claiming it was because of the $40 and saturated market.

I don't really know why companies are butchering themselves with this shit. It seems as if it is something out of their hand. You think government pressure? Investing companies pressure? What derive all this modern audience shit? It seems like it's dictated on them from higher entity.
Used to be that they needed DEI managers and hires to increase ESG scores for cheap credit from the likes of Blackrock.

Nowadays it's just toxic culture ingrained by the DEI managers, whose actual job is not to make the workplace more inclusive but to invent new ways to complain about lack of some type of inclusiveness. Otherwise they'd go out of a job.

The thing is this shit is everywhere in game dev right now. Last week Ubisoft made the news over a mentorship program where you can't apply to if you were born with the wrong genitals, and this week it was CD Projekt RED.

We're about to go through some interesting times. Let's just hope it doesn't mean another video game crash.