Concord: Most Common Questions During Beta! Confirmed to not have Battle Pass & will have free maps .

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
GTQ2SEka0AAFA0V

GTQ2U1aaYAYKhOV

GTQ2Xx8aYAE0hlS

GTQ2fJzaMAAGax8

Source: Concord Twitter

Update: No Battle Pass and maps for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm just happy this a full game without F2P atrocious economy mechanics.
I hope more games follow this path.

Another points is the variations... it is good to have a lot of them for each character with different perks.

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Every time they announce something new about Concord I shake my head & question if Firewalk ex bungie devs & PS don’t understand that from a new studio & new ip ain’t nobody gonna pay $40 for a solely 5v5 pvp shooter when there competitors are F2P.

You can only get away with charging for a pvp shooter if your established like Bungie, Respawn, Riot etc & even then it’s just better to make your pvp game F2P. Or games that have special gameplay such as R6 siege are the only PVP style games that can charge.

$40 Concord is doa + no battlepass so no reason to jump back to concord & grind + no item shop to further monetize & bring player back in with cool cosmetics. Something tells me this hero shooter cosmetic skins are going to be bland asf if there all given out for free. There’s no future for Concord I’m just baffle that the studio & PS think this would slide & that this model would work. If it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it & the F2P, battlepass/cosmetic item shop model been working for years.

Oh & it doesn’t even look like they will be able to add FOV slider or fix the horrible game balance including bad TTK & bad/slow movement.

Make Firewalk work on a Killzone game including singleplayer & a multiplayer give them something more grounded & dark because the game feel of Concord is actually good everything else is just bad/poorly designed or thought out. If Firewalk makes a new ip whether it’s singleplayer or multiplayer expect that shit to take 5+ years they need to be handed a existing ip

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Seems they really had no plans in place to deal with quitting and they haven't addressed the backfill issue.

But good on them for releasing a full product old school style and it's hilarious that they are going against the trend of Battle Passes and apparently that's now a bad thing? By the same people who claim all they were doing was riding trends lol.

Anyways they need to work on their marketing, dropping this stuff in Twitter again, is stupid. Same reason so many didn't even know about the beta.

Why isn't the main PlayStation YouTube / Twitter channels not being utilized more?

Hope they realize they might have to offer a free trial level cap at launch launch as well. Would be a smart way to get a few more onboard

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They didn't answer the most important questions:

1. Have the employees updated their resumes yet?
2. How does it feel to release a turd burger? :ROFLMAO:
Lets stay on topic ppl. We know topics can easily get derailed.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Good news, actually appreciate no battle passes foolery. If you played the beta that Battlepass progression is integrated with levelling and the challenges/rewards. I figure they will have skins (eventually) despite not sounding like it. But I am positive about the goodwill they doing with the additional free content/support, no money gauging and basically them saying they will listen to the community. I assume the leaving issue will be figured out by launch.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
“Using a gameplay data sample from over 3.1 million active PSN accounts (courtesy of our partnership with GameInsights), we can see that Concord has 8.1% fewer players in the second Open Beta than in the Early Access beta. In our PlayStation Chart that ranks the top 40 most popular games every week, Concord ranked in the #29 position both weeks.”

So 3.1 million Playstation gamers played the beta. This doesn’t get mentioned for obvious reasons.