Orangee

3 Mar 2024
CIUAK10.jpg

OP
OP
Orangee

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Microsoft strikes again. Sony needs to get the rights back to those IPs. They'll just die like the rest over there.
This news was actually leaked on one of my discords a while ago. AFAIK they are finishing up the new Spyro for microsoft (multiplat), and then cutting of the collab with MS. They apparently were talking with many publishers including Sony.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
This news was actually leaked on one of my discords a while ago. AFAIK they are finishing up the new Spyro for microsoft (multiplat), and then cutting of the collab with MS. They apparently were talking with many publishers including Sony.
Good news. With the way Sony is treating Astrobot and their apparent desire to get a younger crowd in, Crash and Spyro would be perfect. MS still owns the IPs, right?

OP
OP
Orangee

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Correction: Seems like the "Project Dragon" which everyone thought to be the new Spyro, was actually a brand new IP that was cancelled today by Microsoft. Crash 5 was cancelled a while ago which we (people from the discord) knew for months now. (probably pitched but the pitch never greenlit, as project Dragon was in development for three years and they also helped in CoD, so there really was not enough resources to work on two brand new projects).

• sad
Reactions: Neversummer
OP
OP
Orangee

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Haha and well deserved.

Game was harder than Soulsborne games towards the end.

A platformer series made for all generations.

Crash 4 is an abomination.
I remember when people bitched about Sackboy being too hard. I think that people just lost a lot of skill, since games are trying to be way easier and more accessible. Many gamers would struggle with the original R&C games, since they required a lot of skill and resource planning.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: The Icon

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft strikes again. Sony needs to get the rights back to those IPs. They'll just die like the rest over there.

Sony will probably do something with Crash, but there not exactly great when it comes to older IPs. Jak n Daxter, Sly Cooper, and many others were abandoned :(

• sad
Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Sony should 100% partner or acquire Toys for Bob & see if they can acquire the Crash/Spyro IP since MS ain’t gonna do anything with them since there focus on AAA key franchise aswell as making Toys for Bob independent there’s no reason to own those ip other then hoarding them & milking the license w skins/cosmetic for multiplayer games which is sad.

Instead of buying firewalk & spending 200+ million on a game & studio that will die in flames. Spend like 50 million & acquire toys for bob & have them working on Jak & Daxter & Sly Cooper if ND & Suckwr punch isn’t gonna work on them. Or acquire the Crash/Spyro ip & make a new game. PS needs more platformer & gaining Crash & Spyro aswell as lining up more games from Ratchet & Clank, Sly & Jak & Daxter makes PS a good platform for platform rivaling Nintendo. Not to mention if they acquire Crash & Spyro they can have them for a PS allstars 2

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Good news. With the way Sony is treating Astrobot and their apparent desire to get a younger crowd in, Crash and Spyro would be perfect. MS still owns the IPs, right?
The fact Toys for Bob sign a 1 game deal (likely a Spyro game which been teased by toys for Bob) after that they’ll likely look at other publisher PS & Nintendo would be great fits for toys for bob & Sony/PS should be at the forefront. Fuck firewalk, ballistic moon & nixxes we need talented studios who can make fun singleplayer/multiplayer coop game. Maybe even turning toys for bob as the platformer studio making them a multi team studio like insomniac & give them ratchet & clank, sly cooper & jak & daxter aswell of potentially acquiring Crash & Spyro but at the very least Crash since Crash has more potential then Spyro

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I remember when people bitched about Sackboy being too hard. I think that people just lost a lot of skill, since games are trying to be way easier and more accessible. Many gamers would struggle with the original R&C games, since they required a lot of skill and resource planning.

Sackboy is anything but hard.

Crash 4 is on another level.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony should 100% partner or acquire Toys for Bob & see if they can acquire the Crash/Spyro IP since MS ain’t gonna do anything with them since there focus on AAA key franchise aswell as making Toys for Bob independent there’s no reason to own those ip other then hoarding them & milking the license w skins/cosmetic for multiplayer games which is sad.

Instead of buying firewalk & spending 200+ million on a game & studio that will die in flames. Spend like 50 million & acquire toys for bob & have them working on Jak & Daxter & Sly Cooper if ND & Suckwr punch isn’t gonna work on them. Or acquire the Crash/Spyro ip & make a new game. PS needs more platformer & gaining Crash & Spyro aswell as lining up more games from Ratchet & Clank, Sly & Jak & Daxter makes PS a good platform for platform rivaling Nintendo. Not to mention if they acquire Crash & Spyro they can have them for a PS allstars 2

I gotta disagree to some of that.
Id love Crash and Spyro to come back but MS isnt gonna sell them. And even if they would, Playstation doesnt doesnt always work on there old IPS. They could easily revive Jak n Daxter and Sly Cooper, but they havent Unfortunately.

Crash would obviously sell better than them, but both JnD and Sly are both great games and would be great being revived.

But I dont agree with the Firewalk stuff. I originally thought it was a huge waste and you can probably see my previous discussions with Yurinka that I didnt like it and thought it was a waste.

But after playing Concord the studio can make a good 1st person shooter, which is rare. Im not a big PVP fan, but they do gunplay really well to my tastes. Its not gonna be something I play all the time, but its fun for a quick hour.
They just need a new art director/artists and a campaign. Sony needs 1st person shooters, so they need to invest in that. They have Astrobot and RnC as far as platformers go but they had no studios making 1st person games.

Ideally Sony would use there money and do it all, buy Crash & Spyro, bring back JnD + Sly Cooper while making multiple 1st person shooters. PVP, military, more sci fi etc. They certainly have the budget to do it.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
DKCR (the Wii one) received a ton of after the fact criticism that it was too hard for normal people/kids to get through. Old school hard is dead and I honestly do not miss it.