Crysis Next footage (cancelled F2P third-person Battle Royale game)

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Damn. I'm shocked that they cancelled this. Looks like Fortnite for people who are turned off by the building and / or cartoony aesthetic. What a shame.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Damn. I'm shocked that they cancelled this. Looks like Fortnite for people who are turned off by the building and / or cartoony aesthetic. What a shame.
Its a very expensive genre to compete in, lots of games like this get cancelled before release.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Its a very expensive genre to compete in,lots of games like this gey cancelled before release.

I'm curious about that. I feel like the last AA one we saw (Naraka Bladepoint) became a massive success...and then we got 0 new entries. Feels like we're in an undeserved Battle Royale drought

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

The footage is really rough and early-dev, though. This is like a barebones pre-production prototype.

I'm not shocked at all. Why would anyone try to go against Fortnite and PUBG? Especially as Fortnite becomes increasingly meta.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
The footage is really rough and early-dev, though. This is like a barebones pre-production prototype.

I'm not shocked at all. Why would anyone try to go against Fortnite and PUBG? Especially as Fortnite becomes increasingly meta.
Plenty of successful Battle Royale games launched after Fortnite and PUBG. This looks like it could have nestled in nicely for anyone who thought Fortnite was too cartoonish and/or didn't like the building.