Cult of the Lamb developer would 'love to' add multiplayer, so it 'isn't off the table'

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Cult of the Lamb developer Massive Monster has been pretty busy lately. Last month, it launched a chunky free update in the form of Sins of the Flesh, allowing cult leaders to lead their followers into depravity, something its unexpectedly thirsty community was more than happy to do. Now it's planning "more content" and "more DLCs", which might also take it in an unusual direction.

In an ongoing Reddit AMA, the topic of multiplayer has come up a lot. Players have been requesting this for a long time, which strikes me as a little strange for a game where you play an autocratic cult leader. I guess there's potential in a more competitive streak, where cult leaders compete with each other? Either way, Massive Monster has been surprisingly receptive to the request.

"[It's] something we'd love to do in the future if possible, but right now we are focused on making the next update," said art director James Pearmain. In response to another multiplayer request, community manager Lorna P. added that it was "not off the table".

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Never even knew of it but have to chk it out. Man there's to many damn games I need to chk out smh.
I binged this one on the Steam Deck while on vacation. You can't put it down once you start. The loop of sadistic Stardew Valley cult management and Hades dungeon slashing is a winner. Maybe the combat is a little basic, but the attacks feel good, and imo there's just enough depth. You feel powerful when you defeat major bosses.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I binged this one on the Steam Deck while on vacation. You can't put it down once you start. The loop of sadistic Stardew Valley cult management and Hades dungeon slashing is a winner. Maybe the combat is a little basic, but the attacks feel good, and imo there's just enough depth. You feel powerful when you defeat major bosses.
💪🔥