David Jaffe offered deal to make Horror Game

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
Got to be Microsoft, right?
4-8 hours kinda sounds like it could be a game for MS, something to help fill up GP

But the 'having a team for you' thing kinda sounds like what Sony did for Bing Yang with Lost Soul Aside and Sony putting other PlayStation 1P devs on 3rd party exclusive projects

Who knows

2 Jul 2022
NY
www.twitch.tv
I’m not sure any large company would hire Jaffe at this point, despite his legendary credentials. A smaller company in Europe somewhere did bring him onto their Board of Directors though didn’t they?

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I’m not sure any large company would hire Jaffe at this point, despite his legendary credentials. A smaller company in Europe somewhere did bring him onto their Board of Directors though didn’t they?

Yes, he is on the board for 'Movie Games' , they made things like Gas Station Simulator.....

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Imagine buying a game that has the name "David jaffe" on the cover in 2022
giphy.webp

24 Jun 2022
Yes, he is on the board for 'Movie Games' , they made things like Gas Station Simulator.....

The horror of rising gas prices!!

But for real though, it's probably Microsoft. Isn't kind of a meme how much Jaffe openly likes GamePass?

I mean if Phil is willing to publicly namedrop Platinum despite literally losing out on a AAA game through them, he's probably willing to throw any past issues with Jaffe away as water under the bridge.

Though at the same time, Jim Ryan is the reason Sony's reinvigorating developments with indies, and Shu Yoshida leading that specific effort. They could be equally as open to doing something with Jaffe, enough time's passed.

• haha

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think he was writing a story for a horror game few years ago.
Most of his games were good, and very special. His mouth is his only problem. 😂

• haha

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Sony should be making a new Twisted Metal what is wrong with them

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft knows Sony has a Silent Hill hype machine going and want a piece of that horror game goodness.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft knows Sony has a Silent Hill hype machine going and want a piece of that horror game goodness.
Sony is not related to Silent Hill. Konami owns the Silent Hill brand and Konami publishes its games.

If Konami is really working on Silent Hill games, Sony's involvement with those games would be maximum to get a marketing deal or a (timed? console?) exclusive deal, similar to other 3rd party games we saw both from big publishers and small indies.

It’s virtually confirmed that they are, it just hasn’t been announced yet. They recently changed the developer of it, however.
As far as I remember regarding a supposed future Twisted Metal we only have 'insiders' claiming stuff with zero facts behind that, so nothing confirmed at all. Lucid game a relatively similar game to Twisted Metal so an 'insider' claimed they were making a Twisted Metal after it, which sounds like a fan guess because that previous Lucid game from Sony didn't perform well so maybe Sony won't want to work with them again or at least repeating that formula.

Firesprite hired many people, including some from Lucid including a game director. So following that -probably fantasy- narrative of 'Lucid is making a Twisted Metal game', then some 'insider' probably guessed they moved that supposed project from Lucid to Firesprite and created that 'changing its developer' claim again backed with nothing more than a guess. It could make sense, but we know Firesprite is already working on 4 games not counting this supposed Twisted Metal. We know they have a lot of people, but 5 games at the same time doesn't sound realistic.

I bet that there isn't any Twisted Metal game under development.

Last edited: