Days gone is hot mess but also addictive at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Okey so I bought this hot mess a week ago, since I have nothing else to play and I never tried it because of all the negative talk about it, i said fuck it, why not!!! and now i can't stop playing it. It's really cheap too like 20$.

Let me tell you there is more bad than good in this game but somehow it's still addictive.

The shooting is absolutely horrible, you have to wait like 3 seconds until it starts to focus on the target.
uh-okay-yeah-sure.gif
there are too many zombies and enemies chasing after my soul, but i have to wait 3 fucking seconds for the aim to start focusing!! Why!!! the shooting is so bad, sometimes i'm 100% sure that was a headshot but it wouldn't count it. Other times i clearly missed the shot but it would count it as a headshit wtf
sxv-wtf.gif
the aim is so strange. Sometimes i'm 100% sure i shot the targets but somehow I would miss the shot... controls are so unresponsive and sloppy, trying to recharge your bike, fixing your bike, dodging, taking cover all suckx, unresponsive and buggy. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty from the start and it's so fucking easy. Other things I hate there is no fucking mini map on the hardest difficulty wtf!! Why do u remove such an important feature in an open world game!! U will have to consistently click on 3R to view the track. You can't even see your health or stamina bars unless you consistently click 3R. This is such a dumb decision.

also as you progress in the game you lose the sense of survival completely, there are so much supplies and the enemies become so much easier, it litterally become an action game which is not how the game is advertised.

Story, the characters voice acting nothing special, mid at best.

The physics are bad

The game is so buggy. sometimes zombies would dissappear or start flying.
wtf-is-that-confused.gif
Other times the background or the sky dissappear, or start flashing and doing weird shit, rip to those who have seizures... it's just a comedy show at this point and it happens very frequently.

The only things I like about this game and are keeping me playing is the graphics, they are good and there is so much to do. great map and world, so many upgrades, exploring, like exploring abandoned houses, burning down nests, messing with terrorists and taking over their bunkers. It's so much fun to destory nests and taking down dozens of Zombies, i don't think there are any other games who did that!!! driving your bike around a dozen of Zombies and trying to run them over is fun too.

Overall it's not a very bad game but an embarrassment coming from Sony. I am pretty far in the game I would rate it 6/10. It has so much more potential imo it deserves a sequel, but only if they managed to fix the first game problems.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I loved Days Gone, admittedly played it after all the patches. I love how when I'm driving he will just randomly yell at his Radio that plays on his bike. Also isn't his nickname "Deac"? I just remember people calling him deac and laughed everytime I heard it!

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I loved Days Gone, admittedly played it after all the patches. I love how when I'm driving he will just randomly yell at his Radio that plays on his bike. Also isn't his nickname "Deac"? I just remember people calling him deac and laughed everytime I heard it!
No, his nickname is "Deek" I think. That's what Boozer uses.

Reactions: RE4-Station

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Looking forward to revisiting it in 60fps on the 5. Dropped it on pro because of length, but the crisp framerate should see it elevated

Reactions: Oogabooga

Midn1ght

27 Jun 2022
The feeling of having too many zombies will disappear as you level up and acquire new weapons. This is something i loved in my first playthrough, you go from having a hard time and feeling tense when overrun by zombies to destroying hordes like its nothing.

The story and acting is subpar in my opinion but the gameplay and the location the game is set are fantastic, loved my time with it and can’t wait to get home and continue my second playthrough in the hardest mode.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Loved the game, 1% short of platinum it, it has its problems sure, bugs here and there, got stuck a couple of times.

The biggest issue for me is the last act, it really felt like it should have been part of a DLC, made the game way too long imo.

The bike felt great when fully upgraded, horde mechanics was interesting and fun too, shooting with the end weapons, was really good.

Sad there is not a sequel.

Solid 8.5/10 game

Like @TubzGaming says, hope you're gonna ride me like your bike.

way motorbike GIF

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Loved the game, 1% short of platinum it, it has its problems sure, bugs here and there, got stuck a couple of times.

The biggest issue for me is the last act, it really felt like it should have been part of a DLC, made the game way too long imo.

The bike felt great when fully upgraded, horde mechanics was interesting and fun too, shooting with the end weapons, was really good.

Sad there is not a sequel.

Solid 8.5/10 game

Like @TubzGaming says, hope you're gonna ride me like your bike.

way motorbike GIF
You are doing too much, it's okey to say you like the game, but it's nowhere near 8/10 😹👎 if this is 8.5/10 then Horizon forbidden west is a 1000000/10.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You are doing too much, it's okey to say you like the game, but it's nowhere near 8/10 😹👎 if this is 8.5/10 then Horizon forbidden west is a 1000000/10.
nope, i really liked the game, to me, it was a lot of fun.

Everyone is different, take the game control, i thought it was one of the stalest, most boring games i have ever played.

Its bland environment and its sterile plot make me wonder how people ever gave it 9/10 but there are loads of people that like it.

Your a fan of Pepper pig, i respect that (y)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It was like the only 1st party game I started but couldnt finish.

Just was not on the same level in melee or combat as Spiderman/Horizon/GOW/TLOU/GOT etc.
Not the same level as polish either

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This game was an easy 8.5/9 for me. Did open world so much better than most with great graphics and dynamic TOD, Weather, dynamic npcs, etc... Stuff other, empty open worlds couldn't even do or pull off. I platinumed this baby and enjoyed every bit. Most physics issues or game issues I did not experience. This game is engrossing asf. On another system this would have been a 11/10.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
This game was an easy 8.5/9 for me. Did open world so much better than most with great graphics and dynamic TOD, Weather, dynamic npcs, etc... Stuff other, empty open worlds couldn't even do or pull off. I platinumed this baby and enjoyed every bit. Most physics issues or game issues I did not experience. This game is engrossing asf. On another system this would have been a 11/10.
I loved Days Gone!!! 9.5/10 and my 2019 goty. Still pissed off that im not getting a sequel. :mad:

pepe.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 51
Status
Not open for further replies.