Dead Space map to be 2D instead of 3D for clarity.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
"Looking back at it, there was a little bit of frustration around how to control [the original map] or how to read it quickly. You’d have to kind of rotate it to figure out what’s the best angle to see where your character is and where you need to go. We’ve actually simplified it rather than embellished it, to improve the clarity and the readability of it."

Last edited by a moderator:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
So:
-"I miss my gf" - says lady in the intro
-Isaac looks like young joe biden
-Isaac's wife Nicole, is now 58 years old
-Emergent gameplay situations like first time you meet impregnator, are now "MORE IMMERSIVE"... and then you see it's just a loud cutscene with controls taken away
-Graphics are not good enough for a graphical only remake. You are supposed to play it just for graphics
-Bad monsters animations (sliding)
-Weird, stiff isaac animations
-Busy environments... the so called "remakeosis", so let's add tons of stuff everywhere because now we can.. and then it's halo1 vs it's remake again.
-2d map apparently?
-woke posters

I think that could be a good choice, for instance in GOW, the map looks great but is almost unusable.

I'd much prefer a clear 2d one that puts utility first.
Hopefully i's just more clear but I kinda liked how immersive and weird the map was. There is quite a bit of verticality, so rotating the map was helpful. Worked better in doom 2016, so they should've copied that

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The callisto protocols worst feature imo was the lack of a map or any hint of where to go. I missed out on secret rooms and areas because there no clue given abouts optional and whats not.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
NO matter how bad any other game's map may be, I do not EVER see anyone being able to top the complete abortion of a map in Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. That was so far beyond useless that it could have been totally left out of the game and it wouldn't have made an impact.