[Debunked] Orangee (Gravity Rush leaker) claims a MediEvil 2 remake will be shadowdropped at next month's PlayStation event

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Discord user Orangee has been accurately disclosing various informations in regards to the Gravity Rush movie (like, for instance, its presence at Sony's CES conference earlier this year) ahead of time, and has also stated that a Gravity Rush 2 remaster is expected to arrive to PS5 and PC later this year. So far, he's been reliable.

Well, he has now claimed that a MediEvil 2 remake has been in the works since 2021 at Other Ocean Interactive, the studio behind the 2019 remake of the original MediEvil, and that the project currently has a release date of May 2024, which coincides in time with when the much rumored next PlayStation Showcase is expected to take place, suggesting a shadowdrop release for the title.

Although it might seem like a totally out of left field announcement, especially considering how the PS4 MediEvil remake didn't set the world on fire, it's worth noting that the series protagonist, Sir Daniel Fortesque, was spotted in a PlayStation Productions promotional video last year, which means that Sony might have some transmedia ambitions for the franchise, explaining why they're bringing it back once again in remake form, similarly to what they seem to be doing with the Until Dawn movie + game remake combo.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't get it. The first medievil was way more popular and got a low budget remake that had mid scores. But now they are going the extra mile for medievil 2, a game that released at the tail end of the PS1 era when everyone was setting sights on the PS2?

Doesn't make much sense. It's like trying to bring slyphon filter back by remaking the third game. Wouldn't surprise me as we are talking about the company that thought releasing uncharted 4 on pc before the other games was a good idea.

Reactions: Johnic
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't get it. The first medievil was way more popular and got a low budget remake that had mid scores. But now they are going the extra mile for medievil 2, a game that released at the tail end of the PS1 era when everyone was setting sights on the PS2?

Doesn't make much sense. It's like trying to bring slyphon filter back by remaking the third game. Wouldn't surprise me as we are talking about the company that thought releasing uncharted 4 on pc before the other games was a good idea.
Yeah sometimes i think of the targeted remake games or rumors and i ask myself why?

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
$70 LOL? nobody cares about this IP in the grand scheme of things. This has no business being over $40 if true.