Destiny 2 has pulled Starter Pack from the Steam Store due to player negative feedback

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Paul Tassi has been targeting Bungie lately
Ever since the layoffs Bungie has a huge target on their backs and Paul made it his mission to fan the flames. He knows his fanbase is mostly Xbox fans so it spreads like wildfire.

Embracer fired 900 people and they are celebrating Remnant on Game Pass with absolutely no mention of it. It doesn't even cross their minds.

You can't write about Destiny without people bringing it up and shitting on Bungie violently. Double standard.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Paul is a huge fan of the game and Bungie. Any internet fantard outrage is misdirected and dumb conspiracy theories.

As someone who reads and watches his content.. the idea he’s an Xbox shill is total bullshit

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Paul is a huge fan of the game and Bungie. Any internet fantard outrage is misdirected and dumb conspiracy theories.

As someone who reads and watches his content.. the idea he’s an Xbox shill is total bullshit
"The worst mtx ever" is complete hyperbole from Paul and it's designed to spark outrage at Bungie. What a good fan 🙄

COD and Blizzard must be pleased that Bungie under Sony is now getting all the heat. Their mtx is like a gift basket for the fans. It's priced too low compared to disgusting and evil Bungie.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Bungie continues to be an embarrassment of a company and Sony's most unnecessary purchase. Nothing exclusive was gained from the transaction and instead Sony has to pay for all those employees for a game that missed its revenue targets.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Interesting that noone in the media has reported on where that 45% drop in the playerbase came from. Almost all Xbox, they dropped the game when Sony bought Bungie, same way alot of PlayStation fans refuse to buy COD because you're supporting Xbox if you do is what I here from podcasters. It is what it is.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Interesting that noone in the media has reported on where that 45% drop in the playerbase came from. Almost all Xbox, they dropped the game when Sony bought Bungie, same way alot of PlayStation fans refuse to buy COD because you're supporting Xbox if you do is what I here from podcasters. It is what it is.

Eh that’s not true. The drop is across the board. This season launch is the lowest in its history and will have the worst launch week for a season ever. It dropped significantly on PlayStation too and that’s now documented with Circana engagement charts.

Don’t get me wrong. The dungeon drop should be the season peak breaking 100k and should hit 130-150k on steam. But it usually breaks 100k daily for the first month of a new season. It peaked at 64k last night. Not good. What’s usually 1-1.3 million players in daily logins is now down to 700k.

IMO priority for the next 7 months for the season should be delivering on LFG and continuing this PvP focus to address the quality of life. They’re always a bit late with addressing issues like these but this time a year too late in addressing the fatigue of the seasonal structure.

Final Shape effectively has to act like a relaunch .

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I missed it.

What is the issue with the starter pack?

That it’s a paid shortcut to acquiring free items (i think). Most complaining are hardcore players that have everything and earned it old fashion way or driveby shitposting. And in the past they’ve helped new players with endgame ready loot for free. So mixed messaging too.

game is much easier to deal with as a hardcore player… no bullshit to deal with … just play

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That it’s a paid shortcut to acquiring free items (i think). Most complaining are hardcore players that have everything and earned it old fashion way or driveby shitposting. And in the past they’ve helped new players with endgame ready loot for free. So mixed messaging too.

game is much easier to deal with as a hardcore player… no bullshit to deal with … just play
I understood.
It is an accelerator.
I mean a lot of players don't even consider to play the game because they have to start from the zero... that starter pack give them some fast way to reach what hardware are.

I see no issue.... and it is optional, no? I mean... the player can choose to buy it or not.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I understood.
It is an accelerator.
I mean a lot of players don't even consider to play the game because they have to start from the zero... that starter pack give them some fast way to reach what hardware are.

I see no issue.... and it is optional, no? I mean... the player can choose to buy it or not.

I’m sorta okay with it. Players used to complain about rng drops for exotics. Then some sorta became direct to purchase with the seasonal battle pass exotics. Time invested is a big part of the game especially with buildcrafting for both pve and PvP being the current endgame journey.

This all stems from the a la carte method. If you remember … you needed to have owned and played thru previous expansions/content before moving onto the newest. They moved from this to allow players to jump into the game at any point in the live game without having to buy everything else beforehand.

Now this has created a new issue where it’s a clusterfuck to bring in new and returning players. They need to consolidate older endgame content into a single content pack.

MTs like this most recent one are common in actual free to play games whereas Destiny charges premium for all and any new content. So I can see why fans went trigger happy at the outrage.

The in-game economy is changing and I have to feel out this current rework a bit more before coming to the conclusion if it’a meant for a f2p rework of some kind.

Quick solution for engagement is to take away the ps plus paywall for at least PvP and playlist activities. Keep the paywall for endgame matchmaking and LFG if need be. But honestly it should all go. Calling D2 f2p is kinda bogus. It’s at minimum 100 - 120 bucks a year plus online paywall 🤣. And that’s the simplest way to play.

Their monetization is shit. Even as a hardcore player I’ve not engaged in MTs. You’re so much better off just buying the yearly expansion and pass. So who are they doing this shit for? There’s a ton of exotics and legendaries from the free portion of the game to be geared for anything. It’s unnecessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz