Destiny Director Joe Blackburn addresses community feedback (PvP map packs)

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ahead of next week’s 45 min reveal event for Destiny’s next expansion, The Final Shape, director Joe Blackburn posted today a 15 min video on X/Twitter addressing some of the player criticisms and concerns to their “state of the game” blog post made a week or two ago.

Key Points:
  • Near the end Season 22 (launches next week), Bungie will be giving a new and previously scheduled eververse armor set free in-game to earn. This is somewhat an apology for basic playlist “ritual” armor not being made moving forward. No plans to change that course.
  • there will be a change to the game’s live service model in the next year to be elaborated further in next week’s reveal
  • PvP “strike force” team being assembled to monitor and address key PvP pain points.
  • No trickle release of PvP maps for next year. New maps will be introduced in a single map pack and will be free for all players
This sorta address most of my criticisms or will at least attempt to move things in the right direction. Reveal event won’t discuss such changes as it’s more geared towards marketing the game to casual audiences. The scheduled post-event live chat may…

The Final Shape reveal will be next Tuesday Aug 22nd alongside the launch of Season 22 that same day.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Why am I not seeing embedded tweets. Elon?

It should be working… ?

Jeez… the 3 million views already for this. It’s not much info either but I guess we were that thirsty for it.