Publisher: Nintendo

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 63 average - 40% recommended - 5 reviews

Captura-de-tela-2023-10-04-113103.png

MetaCritic - 71/100 - Based on 14 Reviews

USZPiuX.png

Critic Reviews​

ComicBook.com - Christian Hoffer - 2.5 / 5
Unless you're a Poke-Fanatic or a young child, Detective Pikachu Returns probably won't hold very much for you. Detective Pikachu is still a joy to watch, but his shenanigans are hardly worth the $50 price tag. However, I think that this game would be a great fit for younger Pokemon fans who aren't looking for deep multi-layered mysteries. As much as I wished that Detective Pikachu Returns had a stronger storyline, Detective Pikachu still has plenty of charm and the kids seem to enjoy his shenanigans as much as they did during his movie.

Console Creatures - Bobby Pashalidis - Recommended
Detective Pikachu Returns is an excellent follow-up to its predecessor, expanding the world around Tim and Pikachu. However, the sequel mostly plays it safe by giving you more of the same experience.

GamesHub - Leah Williams - 4 / 5
While overtly silly and over-the-top at times, Detective Pikachu Returns effectively balances its light with its extreme darks, wielding its cuteness as a tool to tell an impactful and fairly relevant tale about corruption, felt throughout various cases.

Siliconera - Brent Koepp - 8 / 10
Detective Pikachu Returns is a charming mystery adventure. The long-awaited sequel to Tim Goodman's saga was worth the wait.

Stevivor - Matt Gosper - 6 / 10
Investigations are multi-staged, and some of the reveals are interesting if not particularly surprising. The inclusion of newer-generation Pokémon since the original title makes Ryme City feel even more alive and part of the Pokémon world, and the city is full of small details to really drive home the idea of people and Pokémon living together.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
This will sell more than Uncharted 4 though, which is all that matters
Means nothing to me. I only care about what I personally like. Hard to imagine Nintendo ever making a game as good as Uncharted 4.