Deviator: Hollow Knight rip off gameplay

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1705764203861.png

Deviator is a Metroidvania game centered around deflect, featuring exquisite 2D hand-drawn visuals. Exploring unknown wilderness and mysterious cities, delving into enigmatic realms of consciousness and encountering peculiar creatures. Try to find the truth behind this chaotic world.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
View attachment 3771

Deviator is a Metroidvania game centered around deflect, featuring exquisite 2D hand-drawn visuals. Exploring unknown wilderness and mysterious cities, delving into enigmatic realms of consciousness and encountering peculiar creatures. Try to find the truth behind this chaotic world.

seriously, i dont know how they don't get sued

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is shameless lol.

I kinda don't even understand the desire to make something like this. You're a fan of something so you just want to copy everything about it? Not a good way to stand out ...

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Bho? I'm not really an expert in the genre, and I have played justa couple of hours of Hollow Knight, but , apart from superficial similarity of style, what exactly this copied from Hollow Knight that wasn't also in dozens of Metroidvania before them ?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Bho? I'm not really an expert in the genre, and I have played justa couple of hours of Hollow Knight, but , apart from superficial similarity of style, what exactly this copied from Hollow Knight that wasn't also in dozens of Metroidvania before them ?
I think the video speaks for itself, the environments and the characters' attacks; I mean, it's beyond shameless.

The only thing that really surprises me is that it looks well-made, not a quick cash grab.

Imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery and is a great concept, but a complete clone is not so good!

Just looked at what happened to Dolly

Sheep Eating GIF

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think the video speaks for itself, the environments and the characters' attacks; I mean, it's beyond shameless.

The only thing that really surprises me is that it looks well-made, not a quick cash grab.

Imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery and is a great concept, but a complete clone is not so good!

Just looked at what happened to Dolly

Sheep Eating GIF
LOL.had to be you!

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw