DF: VRR Is Not A Magic Bullet - Why G-Sync/FreeSync Can't 'Fix' Performance

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I wonder what VRRRRRRiky is doing now.

After all the marketing push with VRR I'm surprise DF resolved to open up the truth.
It become a mantra on Xbots with every games with bad performance in their side (and it was a lot)... like the perfect excuse "I won't feel it due VRR".
I always called them out on GAF but hey the keep saying it amazing due VRR lol

Variable refresh rate - as seen in G-Sync, FreeSync and console VRR - is one of the most transformative display technologies we've seen in gaming. Rather than limit a GPU's performance to the refresh rate of the screen, your hardware takes control instead, eliminating tearing and smoothing away variable frame-rates... except it's no magic bullet. VRR can only go so far - and it has no answer to egregious stuttering. Alex reveals all in a new Tech Focus.

Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I remember a guy named Riky, or something like that, on GAF who was obsessed with VRR when Xbox was doing it and PS5 was not.

It is a cool feature but nothing spectacular or magical IMO.

Reactions: Sircaw and ethomaz

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
I remember a guy named Riky, or something like that, on GAF who was obsessed with VRR when Xbox was doing it and PS5 was not.

Wondering if he is doing well. Gen has been harsh for him. On the other hand, he got quite when the first reports of MS cutting fat started to appear....

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi