Diablo 4 is coming to Steam

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Blizzard Entertainment is bringing Diablo 4 to Steam on Oct. 17, the publisher announced Wednesday during a developer update livestream. Diablo 4 is the second title from Blizzard to be released on Valve’s digital storefront, following the August release of Overwatch 2 on Steam.

Diablo 4’s debut on Steam will coincide with the launch of the game’s new season of content, the Season of Blood. That season will be focused on Vampiric Powers, and will include additions like a new quest line and five additional endgame bosses.

23 Sep 2023
Tell us your loser game/company is desperate AF for users without....oh wait. They did tell us.

Loser Lottery GIF

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
So strange I was thinking yesterday I would maybe buy it if it came to Steam since I want to play an arpg, but wasn't going to buy it on their own store. Hopefully they stick a nice fat discount on it.
But also very bad sign for the game if they're trying to get it on Steam this soon after release.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
This is great news, I just hope they have a way to migrate licenses off of Battle net. Bethesda had a transfer function when they killed their accursed store.

Steam is PC gaming, Steam is the platform. All other launchers contribute to a poor user experience, and I won't be buying Alan Wake 2. That is all.

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: Summer Nightmares
23 Sep 2023
'Last Epoch' on Steam is worth checking out. It's in EA, but it's actually one of the projects that are benefiting from it. Keeps improving regularly and are fast approaching the 1.0 launch. It's made by Arpg fans for Arpg fans. Doesn't have the budget of some of the other big guys in the space but it has excellent game design and Classes with a crafting system that is very compelling. Feels more like playing D2. Loot isn't as 'plentiful' but it is more meaningful. I really like it. It isn't a pseudo MMO either like D4, it can be played Offline/Online. It does have MP that works much like it did it D2, invite your friends, go click heads together.

215130.gif

24 Jun 2022
I mean... Sony releases games on steam as well. What does that tell you?

Sony didn't release a service game that lost 99% of its playerbase in the span two months either, though.

So uh, the reasons are quite different between them and ABK for Diablo 4. And that's considering Sony even continue their PC strategy as current into the future (I think the ports of non-GaaS titles will cease or the port timing windows will increase greatly to a 4-6 year window if at all).

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
that's considering Sony even continue their PC strategy as current into the future (I think the ports of non-GaaS titles will cease or the port timing windows will increase greatly to a 4-6 year window if at all).

Nah that's more wishful thinking from your side. That won't happen. There ain't no stopping that train as none of you guys in icon era has away in Sony's decisions.

Reactions: toadsage44

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Diablo 4 failed so bad they will try to get some extra sales on Steam.

Only 13k people are playing Overwatch 2 with a rating of 11.43% 😬

Starfield is at 68.7k it dropped so fast after I stopped checking 😬

Last edited:

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
Nice, I might get it later to play it on summer. I like to have all my games on one launcher to be honest.