Diablo 4's Horse Bundle Costs More Than The Game Itself

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
@Sircaw you bought this?

Diablo 4 players face yet another microtransaction controversy. This time, the price issue is for a new mount bundle priced higher than the base game itself. The Vitreous Scourge mount, adorned with crystals and bones, can only be purchased through a $64.99 bundle. This price point is a huge hurdle over the current $41.99 cost of Diablo 4.

The controversy centers around the exclusivity of the Vitreous Scourge mount. Unlike previous cosmetic options, this mount is unavailable for individual purchase and is only accessible through a bundle. This bundle additionally includes 7,000 Platinum, Diablo 4’s in-game currency, which can be used for other cosmetic purchases or premium Battle Pass access (thanks, IGN).

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
horse GIF

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is the type of stuff that Diablo players support and encourage, congratulations.

Reactions: Zzero
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I did almost call them Disney dollars but thats unfair because you can use those to buy real world clothing and food or resell them on the open market for nearly the same value as a real dollar.
I almost got this day one but idk I didn't. Diablo has always enticed me with its gameplay.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
@Sircaw you bought this?

Diablo 4 players face yet another microtransaction controversy. This time, the price issue is for a new mount bundle priced higher than the base game itself. The Vitreous Scourge mount, adorned with crystals and bones, can only be purchased through a $64.99 bundle. This price point is a huge hurdle over the current $41.99 cost of Diablo 4.

The controversy centers around the exclusivity of the Vitreous Scourge mount. Unlike previous cosmetic options, this mount is unavailable for individual purchase and is only accessible through a bundle. This bundle additionally includes 7,000 Platinum, Diablo 4’s in-game currency, which can be used for other cosmetic purchases or premium Battle Pass access (thanks, IGN).
Yep, it's not a good look, it's pretty disgusting tbh,

If you look through the shop's cosmetics, those cosmetics look better than anything that drops in the game.

I would not mind at all if a boss/event or something dropped those items, but they are only obtainable from the shop.

I have been a Diablo fan since the first games release, and I am really considering just not supporting this company anymore.

Their greed, their entire philosophy, does not sit well with me.

I am coming to the point where I don't think I will support their next expansion at the end of the year and would rather invest my money in a game like Poe2 where the developers are not disrespecting me like a sort of cash cow.

I think once The last Epoch comes to consoles, I will just delete Diablo for Good and be done with them.

The game has better systems in place, all the stuff that is missing from diablo4, and costs 40 bucks in total; not only that, all future DLC is free in the game.

Diablo is living of its Nostalgia, and they are milking their fans like @TubzGaming does on a Grab a Granny night.

James Dean Milk GIF

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Yep, it's not a good look, it's pretty disgusting tbh,

If you look through the shop's cosmetics, those cosmetics look better than anything that drops in the game.

I would not mind at all if a boss/event or something dropped those items, but they are only obtainable from the shop.

I have been a Diablo fan since the first games release, and I am really considering just not supporting this company anymore.

Their greed, their entire philosophy, does not sit well with me.

I am coming to the point where I don't think I will support their next expansion at the end of the year and would rather invest my money in a game like Poe2 where the developers are not disrespecting me like a sort of cash cow.

I think once The last Epoch comes to consoles, I will just delete Diablo for Good and be done with them.

The game has better systems in place, all the stuff that is missing from diablo4, and costs 40 bucks in total; not only that, all future DLC is free in the game.

Diablo is living of its Nostalgia, and they are milking their fans like @TubzGaming does on a Grab a Granny night.

James Dean Milk GIF
If you stuck with him through D3 then you're probably never going to leave him.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
If you stuck with him through D3 then you're probably never going to leave him.
it's just so horrible to see; it's like watching your favourite games company of the past, diablo 2, the world of Warcraft, starcraft etc, turn totally into a soulless, uninspiring husk of itself.

They truly are dying.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
it's just so horrible to see; it's like watching your favourite games company of the past, diablo 2, the world of Warcraft, starcraft etc, turn totally into a soulless, uninspiring husk of itself.

They truly are dying.
Does the horse bundle come with horse genetilia Customization? Can I make them bigger like the horse in Red Dead 😂😂😂

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Why i still play this shitty game man
We live in hope thats why, season 4 is meant to bring massive changes to the game,

There are a couple of months to go; I will check it out then and see if it has improved drastically.

Path of Exile 2 beta starts in June, I will be 100% giving that a go.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We live in hope thats why, season 4 is meant to bring massive changes to the game,

There are a couple of months to go; I will check it out then and see if it has improved drastically.

Path of Exile 2 beta starts in June, I will be 100% giving that a go.
LOL you didn't answer my question 😂😂

Last edited: