Diablo IV Has Passed 12 Million Players

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
In June they shared the 10 million players...
Now they shared 12 millions players...

don't they mean 12 million have just left?

World War Z Fall GIF by Xbox

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Diablo 4 is not even on Steam 🤷‍♂️

Between 10-12 millions sales is good but there was a big drop off since release. The hype left real fast after the initial sales.
Just a point it is not 10-12 million sales.... it is players.

You are right about Steam... it is Battle.net... I made the comment because for others games they says they are only tracking Steam but in the Diablo cases they talk about all platforms.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Should be correct too, but the number will be dropping once they make the monetization worse
I don't play it I'm just surprised for that drop you guys are saying... seems really something too big.

Outside the hardcore base anybody has any ideia if the same sentiment exists?

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I don't play it I'm just surprised for that drop you guys are saying... seems really something too big.

Outside the hardcore base anybody has any ideia if the same sentiment exists?

They have a LOT of content locked behind their in-game cash shop, and the Battle Pass is tedious.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Just a point it is not 10-12 million sales.... it is players.
I know but the game is not available anywhere else. Purchase only, unless they are counting everyone that played the open beta.

10 millions sales is a safe bet imo

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I know but the game is not available anywhere else. Purchase only, unless they are counting everyone that played the open beta.

10 millions sales is a safe bet imo
I meant the same copy of the game can have more than one player...
Like you and your brother playing in the same notebook will count as 2 players but 1 game sale.

On PS4/PS5 I can create several accounts to play the same copy of the game.

Usually game sales are way lower than players.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s starting to dip on console charts. Just dropped below Destiny on Xbox when destiny was doing like historic lows. It’s still early in the game’s life so no idea how their service model with pan out since I don’t and won’t play it…. Also, I wouldn’t bank on the console crowd being their biggest demographic.

The player stat should be very close to actual sales tho shouldn’t it? Why wouldn’t it be?

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Its not on a subscription service is it?
So wouldnt players have to buy it to play etc?
I can buy it and make an account for me, my wife, my son, my daughter, my cousin... all these are counted as players that uses a single copy of the game.
That is why players is a flawed metric in a non-subscription service.

In a subscription service unless one sub allow several users accounts then it should be 1 sub = 1 player.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko