Digital Foundry: Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth: PS5 Pro vs PS5 - A Vast Improvement At 60FPS

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Conclusion...

Comparable - and better in some respects - than the standard PS5 at 30fps.

The biggest change is it is running at 60fps on Pro... graphic wise it is not that big jump.
Sometimes the Pro IQ is a bit more soft (more blur)...

Probably because PS5 is at native 4k and PS5 Pro using PSSR to reach 4k from a 1080p-1296p native resolution.
But it is close enough... the big more blur is just a nitpicking from my own set of issues with blur :D

(Edit - Some pics have PS5 with a bit more blur than PS5 Pro... so it is depend how PSSR delivery in that part making it more or less soft)

For example PS5 Pro being a big more soft.

PS5

Shot-001__PS5-Graphics-Mode.jpg

PS5 Pro

Shot-001__PS5-Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Entropi

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Image quality is a massive improvement, the vaseline smear was annoying in performance mode (as well as the ghosting). Now address the pop-in Square, but very good results.

Reactions: Sircaw

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Excited to see this, but to be honest anything would be an improvement over that dog shit upscaler square enix used for the performance mode. In motion, it made FF7 Rebirth look like one of the ugliest AAA games in recent memory. Sony even knew this, which is probably why they gave DF access to this footage

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The differences are really night and day, hate to say it, makes the base ps5 look like a blurry mess.

I recently finished Robocop. I loved the game, but at times, it was a blurry mess, ruining my overall enjoyment of the game at times.

Reactions: Kokoloko
31 Aug 2024
Wait until the PC version of Rebirth comes out and watch Digital Foundry compare it to the PS5 Pro version and use it as a way to dunk on the Pro

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
IQ wise the difference is very subtle... sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worst... very very close.
But it runs at 60fps on Pro delivering similar IQ to 30fps on PS5.
I really don't see this. A lot of those shots in Digital Foundry video are vastly different. There are some cases in there where the original is a blurry mess.

Are there a few shots that aren't that major? Sure, but the vast majority are hugely different.

STOP HATING ON TIFA YOU SCUMBAG!
Happy Little Girl GIF