Digital Foundry: Resident Evil Village PSVR2 Tech Review - A Massive VR Upgrade

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
VR is life. We there! Imagine psvr3?
FmUmv8NWIAArjte.jpg

D

Deleted member 417

RE without VR become unplayable after you play it in VR.
My brother said the same. He's been playing GT7 in VR and says he can't go back. He had a PSVR1 and Quest 2, says VR2 is unlike anything else.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Put it on to try and was glued to it for ages, it’s fantastic. Will get into it proper asap.

Not sure if to use stick turning or body turning now that you no longer need to face a camera.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I played RE 8 for about 2 hours before fully committing to Call of the Mountain and GT 7. The game is technical marvel. One of the most immersive VR experiences I’ve ever played and only surpassed by GT 7 IMO.

For me though, controlling Ethan through hand gestures needed some time to get used to. Once I come back and spend more time with the game I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it.

Would I recommend it to fellow VR players? Hell yea.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
@Gamernyc78 @Dodkrake @TubzGaming @ are you guys going to be trying this?

Any other Vr people on the forums that might try this, i wanna hear your thoughts.
I played the first hour of it. It's very intense. Like, I know it's not real so it's not poop-my-pants scary, but a couple of times I did go "holy shit" audibly. Also I haven't played the game before so exploring stuff is high tension stuff. Never know if something's waiting around the corner. One big downside is mura in the pitch black scenes, it was very distracting and makes low light details hard to make out. Which isn't too bad but it's a very noticeable gradient because when the pixels are off they're pitch black, and then as soon as they turn on even a little bit there's this crawling static across the screen.