Director Katsura Hashino said that at the time of Persona 3 Atlus were about to collapse and he was told it would be their last game. He said they had

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
They basically lost all the hardcore Megemi Tensei and SMT fans with that though, i guess the sacrifice was worth it for all their success

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They basically lost all the hardcore Megemi Tensei and SMT fans with that though, i guess the sacrifice was worth it for all their success
Yeah, they can always pivot back and do both but at least they didn't close up shop.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Nocturne and DDS 1 and 2 are three of my favourite games of all time and are the reason I gave the Persona series a chance. I'm glad I did as I've enjoyed every game I've played. It's par for the course that game formulas won't and can't remain stagnant. Persona 3, 4, and 5 are unlike anything else out there so I'd say they did a good job of keeping the uniqueness of the IP alive while broadening its appeal. Atlus is like From for me. Their games hit all the right notes, for the most part, so I'm very glad they're still around.

Last edited: