Disney says there’s ‘still a lot of demand’ for a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake | VGC

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1702413565784.png

Billed as a collaboration between developer Aspyr and production partners Lucasfilm Games and Sony Interactive Entertainment, the game was announced in September 2021 as a timed PS5 console exclusive.

However, the remake has reportedly been beset by problems over the last couple of years, and recently there have been conflicting reports about whether it remains in active development

Not a lot I can say on that point for some hopefully obvious reasons, but KOTOR is obviously an incredibly popular game, one that we are incredibly proud of and think that there’s still a lot of demand for,” Disney’s head of gaming, Sean Shoptaw, told Axios.

Embracer-owned studios Aspyr and Saber Interactive were both confirmed to be working on the game in May 2022, and it was later claimed that Saber had taken over development of the remake.
After it was claimed last month that the game was no longer in active development, Bloomberg reporter Jason Schreier said he’d heard that this was incorrect.

“Can’t say whether the KoTOR Remake will ever actually come out, but yes, two people from Saber Interactive tell me they’re still on it, despite recent rumors that nobody is working on the game,” he said.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
There's a lot of demand for a good KOTOR remake, but if they're planning on doing something on the story writing level of the Star Wars sequel trilogy then I'd rather have them sit quietly until someone else buys the IP. Even if that never happens again in my lifetime.

Reactions: Bryank75