Division 3 announced and Julian Gerighty Appointed Executive Producer for The Division Brand

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Good franchise that has been mishandled. Division 2 was a bit rushed and hurt the momentum of the original game. The sequel was great but too safe, when it should've smoothed out the TPS gameplay. Then being stuck on UPlay Connect for so many years fucked it. Also not having cross-play was a huge blunder.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Julian Gerighty is returning to the brand he helped usher into the world. Gerighty has been appointed Executive Producer for The Division Brand, and will make the move once Star Wars Outlaws – a game he is currently overseeing as Creative Director - has shipped.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Is this in addition to the free to play Division Heartland?
Yes, the article says he's building a team for The Division 3, meaning they still didn't start to work on it.

The Division Heartland and Resurgence (the mobile game) are about to be released soon, Star Wars Outlaws will be released next year and I assume they'll stop developing The Division 2 stuff soon if they didn't already stopped.

So they may have some people developing post-launch content for Heartlands and Outlaws or maybe even the mobile game, but they'll have a lot of people free in the next months, who I assume most of them will be moved to to work on The Division 3 and pretty likely another game.

• Informative
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Heard Ubisoft is in a bit of a state, so wondering how far this is out. An announcement this early seems a bit hollow / meaningless.

Reactions: Nimrota

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
>NYG-

oh-wtf.gif

• haha
Reactions: Nimrota

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Yeah cross play is a must have feature now as is a good setting washington wasn't as good as nyc what american city would make a great division 3 setting?

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Heard Ubisoft is in a bit of a state, so wondering how far this is out. An announcement this early seems a bit hollow / meaningless.

Early announcements like this are done to stop leaks happening down the road or as an industry wide recruitment drive for the project.

Reactions: Bryank75

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Stop with semi transparent menus, I had to black out much of that with some options toggle.

Bring back the Div 1 pulse, you cowards!

Reactions: Bryank75

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Yes, the article says he's building a team for The Division 3, meaning they still didn't start to work on it.

The Division Heartland and Resurgence (the mobile game) are about to be released soon, Star Wars Outlaws will be released next year and I assume they'll stop developing The Division 2 stuff soon if they didn't already stopped.

So they may have some people developing post-launch content for Heartlands and Outlaws or maybe even the mobile game, but they'll have a lot of people free in the next months, who I assume most of them will be moved to to work on The Division 3 and pretty likely another game.
Weird choice if Heartlands is successful. Unless 3 is potentially ~4 years out.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Weird choice if Heartlands is successful. Unless 3 is potentially ~4 years out.
If they are choosing now the team, make sure it will be like 6+ years away from release.

I assume that in addition to develop it and maybe some another unannounced game, until they they'll keep updating Outlaws, Heartlands, Resurgence and maybe for some months more The Division 2. Plus -I assume- they have a separated team working on their game engine.

This is a lot of work.

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
If they are choosing now the team, make sure it will be like 6+ years away from release.

I assume that in addition to develop it and maybe some another unannounced game, until they they'll keep updating Outlaws, Heartlands, Resurgence and maybe for some months more The Division 2. Plus -I assume- they have a separated team working on their game engine.

This is a lot of work.

Don't forget how big ubisoft is by far the biggest third party publisher with 20,000 employees across 30 odd studios. Massive will have half a dozen support studios working with them on division 3. Next years assassins creed game set in japan is already complete due to having half the company working on it.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Weird. Figured Heartlands would be some pseudo sequel and next flagship game. Makes me think that’s not doing too hot in dev.

I played A lot of the first game. Div 2 not so much for no particular reason… just didn’t pull me the same way

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Don't forget how big ubisoft is by far the biggest third party publisher with 20,000 employees across 30 odd studios. Massive will have half a dozen support studios working with them on division 3. Next years assassins creed game set in japan is already complete due to having half the company working on it.
Yes, they have over 20K employees and over 40 studios.

And yes, Ubi's biggest AAA games have over half a dozen studios, sometimes evern around 10 from Ubi itself, and on top of that external outsourcing teams.

Regarding AC, as I remember Ubi is working in half a dozen games or more including at least one VR game and at least a couple mobile games.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I'd like more menu blackout accessibility options, as Iirc division 2 blacked out main options menus but not the inventory/weapon changing sub menu... Something like that.

It's why I liked Division 1's pulse ability better. I don't think it was better in game, I could just see enemies easier under it easier than Div 2's to counteract crappy eyesight. On Division 2 I sorta learned to lean on drones instead, but I still enjoy getting into the thick of the fight myself on Div 1 pulse.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Probably said before around about, but this series I'd pull a Left 4 Dead 2. Throw the Div 1/2 locations and missions into the latest engine updates, bring everyone forward. That Div 2 helicopter dlc is a city-changing dlc. One hub game, and just keep adding dlc sections or new city's/stories. Clean up the gameplay and go AA level for it, feed of content forever building-up, rather than divorced experiences as the game is currently sold as packaged sequels.