Do you think Switch 2 will get better third party support?

Will Switch 2 will have better third party support?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • About the same

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1715719511070.png

1715719544413.png

1715719591068.png
1715719612363.png
Every Nintendo successor ppl claim third party support will be better but it ends up not coming to fruition. Do you think Switch 2 will be different in that regard?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think it'll be about the same which doesn't bode well for me.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
At launch? Yes because after the Wii U, Switch got next to nothing. Post launch? Probably not, Switch actually gets really good support by Nintendo standards and if Switch 2 has a slow buy-in then that will go away pretty quick.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
No. I think that as happened in WiiU and Switch, some big 3rd parties will support it at launch so we'll have the early impression that now it's going to get more support, but after noticing that most 3rd party games don't sell a shit compared to in PS and PC, and also seeing that it isn't powerful enough to run decently their big ass AAA gaames, they'll quickly move away and drop support outside from some rare or port normally funded by Nintendo.

Indies yes, they'll keep supporting it until handheld PCs steal the majority of Nintendo's portable consoles market share.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Yes.

I'm expecting Switch 2 to be at the same level tech wise as the Xbox Series S which means that it will get better third party support especially from publishers who admitted that not supporting Switch was a mistake (see EA). Even when PlayStation 6, next Xbox console release, third party games will be cross-generation. By the time that ends in probably 2032, Nintendo will be ready with Switch 3. Being in the middle of a generation is actually perfect for Nintendo as long as they stay with the hybrid console which is in fact perfect for them.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
MS fading away into nothingness hardware-wise, Switch 2 being somewhere above ps4 pro in performance, it'd be daft of Nintendo not to be preparing to embrace 3rd parties like they haven't for a very long time.

I'm expecting Switch 2 to be at the same level tech wise as the Xbox Series S
Nah, this is delayed Nintendo hardware, it's not going to match the bottom end of current gen, sorry.

Reactions: Banana

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
After how well the switch was, hardware and software wise, I think its a no-brainer, especially for asian devs. Like some series that doesnt have realistic graphics, Atlus for example.

But it will probably lack big 3rd party releases of mainline titles like RE9, MH Wilds, Fromsoftware and I even dare to say FF17 if it releases fast enough. I dont see devs going against the push for quality that they always do on mainline games, but they might push more switch focused games like MH Rise and spinoffs now that they know it prints money on Japan

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
From what I heard that came out of GDC this past year, and last year. They have changed their tunes to being more open. You will see high profile titles in the first year some are easy guesses.

Others though will be a big surprise.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It will but not for very new games, it will probably get lots of ports of older games. From the PS4 and cross gen era.

Reactions: Zzero
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think it just won't and will play out the same as this gen with most new, big budget titles not going to switch 2. We shall see though.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
If the hardware is on a similar level to the PS4, it will get massive support.

There are so many great games they didn't get ported to the Switch because it was too weak, Elden Ring, RDR2, RE2/3/4, MGSV, Horizon Forbidden West and so on.

I would also not be surprised if publishers were able to produced decent version of games like FFVII Rebirth, FFXVI and Demon's Souls.

Yes, it will also get a lot of 3rd party exclusives. A lot of developers have said that not supporting the Switch this generation was a big mistake. It's not a market you wanna miss out on
Most third party publisher had to make their games work on the Series S, from that to running at 30fps/720fps on the Switch 2 it's not a big leap. If Nintendo implemented DLSS than it's a given that most third-party games from this gen will get somewhat decent ports.

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yes, it will also get a lot of 3rd party exclusives. A lot of developers have said that not supporting the Switch this generation was a big mistake. It's not a market you wanna miss out on

Agree, publishers are going to be more ready by default.
Not only that but the rumoured RAM specs(take with a grain of salt etc...) should alleviate the biggest pain point that the Switch 1 had in terms of getting ports to run.
The "miracle" ports were all the studios that were able to reduce their footprint to a minimum.

-----

In general I think Nintendo will be more proactive in trying to connect with 3rd parties.
I mean, if you think about it, it's their only real big avenue for growth Gen over Gen.
Beating the Switch in terms of 1st party sales is going to be a insanely difficult to replicate.
They're already starting to do amusement parks/movies to broaden revenue and IP appeal worlwide outside of gaming.

The only thing they can realistically do better on the gaming side this gen is to get more 3P support.

24 Jun 2022
Some delusional people ITT.

Switch 2 is definitely going to get a lot more 3P support than Switch, from both Western and Japanese developers. There are probably already versions of SF6, BG3, RE9, FF VII Remake, P3R, P6, and even GTA6 in development as we speak.

It may not get Day 1 versions of some of the bigger games that might need more optimizations for Switch 2, but it'll definitely get those games, and probably not too long after other platforms do. And as Hogwarts Legacy has shown, even late ports to Switch 2 would generate a huge amount of sales. Switch 2 as a secondary platform of priority for first round of ports will be a lot more alluring potentially than Xbox or even PC/Steam.