Donna Burke Is Seemingly Recording Something For Metal Gear Solid 3's Remake

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I don't know who is in charge but it's the best chance Konami has to do anything worthwhile with MGS without Kojima. Just remake or remaster every one of them.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
MGS 3 is definitely my favorite. I wish my first intro to it was Subsistence tho. When they ditched old school camera for free camera that was sorta huge and helped deal with some alienating aspects of the game for some players. I just ended up playing it twice but still; that was a huge change.

MGS3 is fucking incredible. Those last moments and the jeep ride was the first time I felt like I was playing a summer blockbuster… and it wasn’t qte bullshit.

I don’t hate this idea of possibly remaking this all in timeline order. MGS2 and 4 are the ones that take things off the rails. There’s a lot of cleaning up to do… and potential Metal Gear 1 and 2 story remakes in 3d for the first time.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
MGS 3 is definitely my favorite. I wish my first intro to it was Subsistence tho. When they ditched old school camera for free camera that was sorta huge and helped deal with some alienating aspects of the game for some players. I just ended up playing it twice but still; that was a huge change.

MGS3 is fucking incredible. Those last moments and the jeep ride was the first time I felt like I was playing a summer blockbuster… and it wasn’t qte bullshit.

I don’t hate this idea of possibly remaking this all in timeline order. MGS2 and 4 are the ones that take things off the rails. There’s a lot of cleaning up to do… and potential Metal Gear 1 and 2 story remakes in 3d for the first time.
If they like money they will not skip on remaking MG and MG2.

Without Kojima they'll need to milk the remakes for as long as they can.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
If they like money they will not skip on remaking MG and MG2.

Without Kojima they'll need to milk the remakes for as long as they can.

I’m highly concerned about ever continuing MGS without Kojima. It’s just like Star Wars without Lucas to me.

I’m still in day one and I haven’t even seen it yet. I want to see how it turns out myself no matter what. Let’s see if it’s actually possible for new Konami to bring back Metal Gear.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I’m highly concerned about ever continuing MGS without Kojima. It’s just like Star Wars without Lucas to me.

I’m still in day one and I haven’t even seen it yet. I want to see how it turns out myself no matter what. Let’s see if it’s actually possible for new Konami to bring back Metal Gear.
There are quite a few people who made MG what it is. And most of the upper level creatives are still at Konami. As a huge MG and Kojima fan, there have been and still can be great MG games without Kojima.

What I'll miss are the pre-release shenanigans. Part of the MG experience is following the development and all the Kojima marketing stunts. And Shinkawa's art as well.

Without Kojima MG will probably never be the same. But it can still be damn good, especially if we talk about remakes. Story's already there, just adapt the gameplay to what we had in MGSV, minus the open world and development.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Of course there are many people that work on projects. I used to hear that line when they said that about Star Wars to criticize Lucas . When you’re missing the biggest and driving creative force behind an idea — you’re missing the most important part. Kojima’s directorial and narrative style is unmistakable and I don’t think that’s easily replicated.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Just like with Silent Hill 2 remake I ain't even touching it unless it is universally acclaimed. If it's even mid I have no interest at all, specially if it's made by some unknown dev.

MGS3 aged great so all it needs is a Bluepoint like remake, focused mostly on just graphics.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Just like with Silent Hill 2 remake I ain't even touching it unless it is universally acclaimed. If it's even mid I have no interest at all, specially if it's made by some unknown dev.

Silent Hill remake is suspect. It’s like when Sony made that deal with some no-name dev for that KOTOR remake.

Ugh, I hope they’re handling this remake with much better care than either of those :/

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Of course there are many people that work on projects. I used to hear that line when they said that about Star Wars to criticize Lucas . When you’re missing the biggest and driving creative force behind an idea — you’re missing the most important part.
Difference here is that we've already had good and even great MG games without Kojima's direct involvement or involvement at all. Ghost Babel is considered one of the MG greats among the hardcore fanbase. Non-canon but a great game. Rising, while a completely new genre, is an excellent game and even includes more MG tropes than the likes of MGSV.

And I'd prefer what's happening here than any other situation. Remake's an easier thing to get right, as opposed to a new story. As long as they don't mess with it. Especially MGS3.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Silent Hill remake is suspect. It’s like when Sony made that deal with some no-name dev for that KOTOR remake.

Ugh, I hope they’re handling this remake with much better care than either of those :/
Best case scenario we find out Bluepont themselves are handling this.

Both Silent Hill 2 and KOTOR remakes are highly suspect indeed. Silent Hill 2 getting a completely shitty remake is so in character with Konami that it's almost a certainty.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Both Silent Hill 2 and KOTOR remakes are highly suspect indeed. Silent Hill 2 getting a completely shitty remake is so in character with Konami that it's almost a certainty.

I had a friend of mine who actually knows devs in the industry corroborate the rumors of the existence of the blue point mgs1 remake being a thing. That was years ago… and we still haven’t seen anything. I still believe it. LOL

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

Here's the thing. There have been multiple MG rumors. One was that an Asian studio was working on MGS3 and the other is that Sony themselves are working on a remake of MGS1. Here's hoping the latter is true as well and that Bluepoint is making it. An excellent studio for remakes.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I had a friend of mine who actually knows devs in the industry corroborate the rumors of the existence of the blue point mgs1 remake being a thing. That was years ago… and we still haven’t seen anything. I still believe it. LOL
Yes, still holding on to this. Multiple insiders said this. Here's hoping we hear something at the PS showcase.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Here's the thing. There have been multiple MG rumors. One was that an Asian studio was working on MGS3 and the other is that Sony themselves are working on a remake of MGS1. Here's hoping the latter is true as well and that Bluepoint is making it. An excellent studio for remakes.
Both could be true, Sony MGS remake could end up being MGS3 and Asian studios working on assets for those Sony games would be nothing new.

As a MGS fan Bluepoint remaking these games sounds about perfect. Maybe a few years from now, once there are not more games to remake I will be more open to a new game in the series without Kojima involvement (I doubt it tho).

It makes a lot of sense. They are working on something, likely a remake, Sony already got involved with Silent Hill 2 remake (at least on the timed exclusive level).

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Didn’t Sony end up funding one or two of these Silent Hill projects?

It seems likely they’d do the same and more for Metal Gear. Far bigger and more important IP to PlayStation. I mean Silent Hill was there too but MGS is still in a different league.