Dragon Age: The Veilguard 140,000 lines of dialogue and 700 characters, the most of any Bioware game

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
dragon-age-the-veilguard-preview-gallery_t84n.1200.jpg

BioWare reveals why Dragon Age: The Veilguard has been in the works for a long, long time - and it sounds like the upcoming RPG is downright massive, from dialogue to voice acting.

"We had other projects going on at BioWare as well," Epler says. "We wanted to make sure we got this one right." The developer continues, calling The Veilguard "the best version" that the new Dragon Age "could possibly be." Barlow then chimes in, describing how she's been working on the game for five years now alongside its cast of actors: "We started casting five years ago. The team, the talent has been on for five years."
Mass Effect 2 - 20,000
Mass Effect 3 - 40,000
Andromeda - 65,000
Inquisition - 80,000
Veilguard has 140,000 which breaks down to 95,000 (if each Rook has 15k)
This is BioWare's MOST dialogue, ever!
Source

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Always good to hear.
Hopefully they make it useful and the combat is good. Along with the NPC and world interactions

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Always good to hear.
Hopefully they make it useful and the combat is good. Along with the NPC and world interactions
Tbh have a billion lines of dialogue does not really interest me one bit, but I am 100% with you on the combat and world interactions.

This game will l Iive and die by them, i hope they are good.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Tbh have a billion lines of dialogue does not really interest me one bit, but I am 100% with you on the combat and world interactions.

This game will l Iive and die by them, i hope they are good.
Yeah it didnt help Andomeda or the quality of alot of games.
But maybe if they can do something worthwhile with the dialogue numbers and even random NPC’s can have lives and stories. It would make it feel like a deeper world for me.

Im waiting for RPG’s to start doing what Trails in the Sky did with there NPC’s, even the small characters had lives and stories that would progress with the story and time. Im sure some do it, but not like that lol

Reactions: Sircaw