Dragon Age Veilguard Introduces NO DEATH MODE

9 May 2024
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...yers-of-all-abilities-can-show-up/ar-BB1pqfLo

Gaming Journalists Rejoice Easy mode available for DA Veilguard​

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Introduces Inclusive Combat Options​

"[None of the difficulty settings] are a cheat," explains game director Corrine Busche (via Game Informer). "It's an option to make sure players of all abilities can show up." Dragon Age: The Veilguard features four different difficulty settings: Storyteller, Adventurer, Nightmare, and Unbound. Nightmare mode provides an intense challenge that, unlike the other adjustable options, is permanent once selected. Unbound mode is a highly customizable experience that allows players to fine-tune various aspects of combat. This includes adjusting damage dealt and received, modifying waypoint support, changing parry difficulty, and tweaking the intensity of aim support. For those looking for even more convenience, there's an "auto-aim" option.One of the most notable features of Unbound Mode is the ability to turn off character death altogether. This, along with other standard accessibility settings that Busche mentioned but did not elaborate on, is designed to accommodate players with physical disabilities or those who prefer uninterrupted immersion in the game's narrative.

• Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me
26 Nov 2023
People throwing shade at gaming journalists but everyone threw a bitch fit and complained that they couldn't finish Elden Ring DLC lol

Anyway, no issue with this as there's a hard mode available from the start so I'm happy with that.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
There were cheat codes since year dot. If you want to play a game with God mode, that's your perogative. I think the mode is to not shame shit reviewers and get low scores for difficulty. I'd do the same if I was a dev.

Reactions: toucandela

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The older I get, the more I actually think that having easy modes in games is a good thing.

I am 50+ now, and I would think that I was really good at games in my youth.

Now that my reactions are slowing considerably and my eyesight is not as sharp as it used to be, I find myself struggling more and more in certain games.

I think in narrative-based games, where there is a story, lore, etc., it's important to be able to see what that is all about and not be stuck behind some unkillable boss.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The older I get, the more I actually think that having easy modes in games is a good thing.

I am 50+ now, and I would think that I was really good at games in my youth.

Now that my reactions are slowing considerably and my eyesight is not as sharp as it used to be, I find myself struggling more and more in certain games.

I think in narrative-based games, where there is a story, lore, etc., it's important to be able to see what that is all about and not be stuck behind some unkillable boss.

I’m going the opposite direction the older I get I think. I want it all. A narrative, masterclass gameplay, depth and challenge, etc…

I’ve always been competitive in nature, in games too. So I want to keep improving street fighter skills acquired since 92 or play shooters and action games based on what I’ve learned before…

With online games and service games I’m most satisfied. You always have a reason to keep getting better in both co-op and PvP.

For single player games… I need more than just narrative since the competitive hook of multiplayer is missing. I don’t finish games because of their story being good or not… that’s usually not my reason for playing any game.

The gameplay/combat needs to be the cream of the crop and the challenge there for me to be driven to beat. Fromsoft games have best served me with this want.

I actually more frequently select harder modes now more than I ever did as a kid or in my 20s. Then again… I do generally believe games are tuned to be easier now.

The problem is now arthritis showing signs on my index finger. Even tho I’m an electrician … video games did that 100%. Thankfully paddle triggers helped the swelling disappear for now 🤣

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I don't really see the problem which such things. Plus Unbound mode can also potentially be even harder than Nightmare with enough sliders at max/min depending on option.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Ffs people stop defending this, not every game has elden ring like difficulty which itself is one of the easier from soft games. In fact most of the games on the market are piss easy, Anyways all these are symptoms of the shit lib ideology of everybody being winners and there being no losers- news flash this may work in games but life doesn't work that way

• Cerny
26 Nov 2023
Ffs people stop defending this, not every game has elden ring like difficulty which itself is one of the easier from soft games. In fact most of the games on the market are piss easy, Anyways all these are symptoms of the shit lib ideology of everybody being winners and there being no losers- news flash this may work in games but life doesn't work that way

You're acting like easy modes are somehow a new concept.

• Cerny

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
You're acting like easy modes are somehow a new concept.
if easy mode is present then what is the need for whatever this is? Anyways good for you if you thinks its ok but I don't and won't support this garbage especially with that game director

26 Nov 2023
if easy mode is present then what is the need for whatever this is? Anyways good for you if you thinks its ok but I don't and won't support this garbage especially with that game director

We've had a ton of games that had easy modes and even further "easier or Story" modes before. Games with auto combat or combat completely removed. Nothing about this is a new concept. Ya'll getting mad at every single video game on this forum

Reactions: Ico

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I'll be playing on unbound mode which will basically be a custom difficulty level similar to how I played and completed Horizon Forbidden West. More than anything, when it comes to melee combat based games, I do not want to grind down every enemy to death. Just need a release date EA. Hoping for last week in September/first week in October.

Ico

Banned
8 May 2024
its the old "you control the buttons you press" again, no logic in complaining about this since its not obligatory, unless you feel special by gaming and care way too much about what other people are doing

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Y'all complain about everything. The other modes still exist, like just avoid these modes and play the game on whatever difficulty suites you best.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Videogame journalists will still complain that the game is too long after a 2h session, and spend the following 20 hours writing the "review", most of which will be about how gaming journalists get so little time to do climate change activism at starbucks with their friends.

• they're_right_you_know

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I'm guessing you are too young to remember cheat codes?

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
I don't have a problem with what they are doing... but why not just call it EASY mode?

Developers keep coming up with new slang/words... a simple easy/trivial works.
No need to reinvent the wheel.. lol