Dragon Ball: Daima Announced | Coming in 2024

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The Dragon Ball franchise will receive a new anime, called Dragon Ball Daima, which is scheduled for release sometime between September and December 2024.

The anime was announced during the Dragon Ball franchise panel at New York Comic Con, and will show Goku, Vegeta and the other Z Warriors becoming children for some mysterious reason.

The concept of the anime and the look of the characters are the work of Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama, and takes place after the events of Dragon Ball Z, and before Dragon Ball Super, so it will not feature some elements presented in the most recent series of the franchise.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Looks like Toei and Disney have something in common. They both keep making crappy new shows that use nostalgia bait to capture your attention. I guess the only difference is they’re not turning goku and vegeta into black lesbians. At least I hope they won’t can’t be too sure with Japan.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Looks like Toei and Disney have something in common. They both keep making crappy new shows that use nostalgia bait to capture your attention. I guess the only difference is they’re not turning goku and vegeta into black lesbians. At least I hope they won’t can’t be too sure with Japan.

Super was great, so let them create more dragon ball.

• brain
Reactions: Snes nes

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Super was great, so let them create more dragon ball.
I’m not saying it wasn’t but imo it’s not a better show than gt Id have to rewatch it but I recall it being a little more original especially with the new forms. I mean if you like super that’s fine but to me personally it was pointless to resurrect the series if super was all they were going to do. Again it’s decent but the Filler makes it hard to watch.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I’m not saying it wasn’t but imo it’s not a better show than gt Id have to rewatch it but I recall it being a little more original especially with the new forms. I mean if you like super that’s fine but to me personally it was pointless to resurrect the series if super was all they were going to do. Again it’s decent but the Filler makes it hard to watch.

Holy shit, it's infinitely better than GT. Theres a couple of stinker acts, but fuck, Goku black act, the tournament of power...

GT is for the most part shit, and progressively gets worse. Super gets progressively better and better.

The only thing GT did right was super Saiyan 4

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Holy shit, it's infinitely better than GT. Theres a couple of stinker acts, but fuck, Goku black act, the tournament of power...

GT is for the most part shit, and progressively gets worse. Super gets progressively better and better.

The only thing GT did right was super Saiyan 4

To me it’s debatable which one is worse. Like gt had pan but super almost feels like they don’t remember how the characters were supposed to act And still keeps the show centered around goku and vegeta too much. To my recollection gt while not written well super just wasnt that good.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
To me it’s debatable which one is worse. Like gt had pan but super almost feels like they don’t remember how the characters were supposed to act And still keeps the show centered around goku and vegeta too much. To my recollection gt while not written well super just wasnt that good.

I think you have rose-coloured glasses.

Dragon Ball GT
  • Season 1: Black Star Dragon Ball Saga (1996) - Kind of ok, but mostly mediocre
  • Season 2: Baby Saga (1996–97) - good, but drags
  • Season 3: Super Android 17 Saga (1997) - pure trash
  • Season 4: Shadow Dragon Saga (1997) - starts great, has an awesome premise, loses steam quickly and drags like a motherfucker. The ending is not great, and being ambiguous doesn't help it
Dragon Ball Super
  • Season 1: God of Destruction Beerus Saga (2015) - Ok arc, a retelling of the movies
  • Season 2: Golden Frieza Saga (2015–16) - Kinda trash, still a retelling
  • Season 3: Universe 6 and Duplicate Vegeta Sagas (2016) - Universe 6 is ok, Duplicate Vegeta is trash
  • Season 4: "Future" Trunks Saga (2016–17) - Very good premise, drags a bit, but is mostly great
  • Season 5: Universe Survival Saga (2017–18) - The best DB atc since the Cell arc
As for how characters are supposed to arc, most of them are within what we would expect. Goku is a little thick, but that's mostly it. The show being centred around Goku and Vegeta... Well, has it not been centred around Goku since the very beginning? Dragon ball is pretty much Goku's story. Vegeta is the only one that can keep up with him power-wise (until Super Hero), so it makes sense to tie them.

It seems like this new show is a way of grounding all of them a little more since the power creep is insane. Like, Gohan Beast is pretty much Ultra Instinct level.

I'd rather they adapted the Super Anime and the movies, there are so many great arcs already...
  • Broly Saga - Super Broly is so much better than OG Broly it's not even funny
  • Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga - Moro is such a great and interesting character. There's a couple of stupid ideas, but this is great
  • Granolah the Survivor Saga - Granolah has the right motivations, and all new characters introduced (Gas, etc) are awesome
  • Super Hero - based on the movie. I'm not very fond of the power creep, and I hate the name Gohan Beast, but I did enjoy it.

Reactions: Snes nes