Dragon Ball Sparking! ZERO surpasses 3 million copies sold worldwide within 24 hours of release

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
It seems one of those games that sell a lot in the first weeks but after that end up stagnating

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
This is actual sales - 3 million in pre-orders and launch weekend digital sales which actually sold through to the customers. With physical it would have easily hit 4+ million

Key point in this is sell through aka copies actually in the hands of customers unlike a particular studio and publisher which shares shipped numbers....
Laugh Laughing GIF by Jin

Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I love people just assuming things when we rarely every get platform sales split.
Unless you believe Xbox version sold more than PS5 that is the reality.
Overestimates from Steam already put the platform out.
I still used the word "probably" but you are here trying to deny the reality.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Sparking zero was always performing very strong on online PSN stores worldwide, heck the game was in top 10 in overall sales on a consistent basis just based on pre-orders. This must have done at least 4 million for digital+physical, when we get the sales data next month I expect a 60 30 10 split in favor of PS like we had with hogwarts

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Wish FGC games did this well. I'd never buy a brainless fighting game.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Unless you believe Xbox version sold more than PS5 that is the reality.
Overestimates from Steam already put the platform out.
I still used the word "probably" but you are here trying to deny the reality.

Have noone tolk you to not use Steam estimates? After Valve locked down the API some years ago, people stopped using them for a reasonbn , all estimation websites went to shit.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Have noone tolk you to not use Steam estimates? After Valve locked down the API some years ago, people stopped using them for a reasonbn , all estimation websites went to shit.
Yeap... that is why I said the OVERESTIMATES already put it out.
These sites have numbers way bigger than actual Steam owners.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Yeap... that is why I said the OVERESTIMATES already put it out.
These sites have numbers way bigger than actual Steam owners.

So why do you use them for your argument when they cannot be used in any way?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So why do you use them for your argument when they cannot be used in any way?
Because they are overestimates... even using overestimates numbers already rule out PS5 not being the best selling platform by a long shot.
The actual numbers on Steam are lower than the overestimates.

From the 3 million unless Xbox made a hit here probably near 2/3 are PS sales.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Really wanna play this but I'm not spending $70 on this. Knowing Namco it will be on PS+ by next summer... I think I can wait..

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko and voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Really wanna play this but I'm not spending $70 on this. Knowing Namco it will be on PS+ by next summer... I think I can wait..
Don't fall for Bandai 3d fighting games man.... they aren't good despite having casual appeal and ill die on that hill. DBFZ is the best dragonball will ever be until ArcSys retruns to it.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Don't fall for Bandai 3d fighting games man.... they aren't good despite having casual appeal and ill die on that hill. DBFZ is the best dragonball will ever be until ArcSys retruns to it.
Oh I know!! I got severely burnt with Kakarot and I learnt my lesson. I dunno why it's so hard for them to play the PS2 games and understand what a good DBZ game is suppose to feel and play like mechanically.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Yeah. These 3D arena fighting games are fun at first, but they get boring real fast. I would only buy these games on a sale.

• Shake