Dragon's Dogma 2 - 18 Minutes of Fighter, Thief, Warrior, and Sorcerer also trickster vocation

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
We're kicking off January's IGN First for Dragon's Dogma 2 with 18 minutes of gameplay footage covering the Fighter, Thief, Warrior, and Sorcerer vocations. Stay tuned all throughout January for a variety of interviews, reveals, deep dives, and much more as our month long coverage of Dragon's Dogma 2 continues.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • thisistheway
Reactions: Bryank75

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I would click, but sadly, IGN First is always badly encoded which makes for poor Image Quality and whoever they've got playing is always the worst possible player to showcase a game.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I would click, but sadly, IGN First is always badly encoded which makes for poor Image Quality and whoever they've got playing is always the worst possible player to showcase a game.
After all these years, they still haven't fixed it... Damn.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
it is just me, or it is looking very very repetitive? especially that fight with big sword dude, running around, doing nothing, just getting hit.
that looked very underwhelming. not a good showing of the game.
i think it looks rather bad because of the person playing it, i would think someone half decent would cut the battle times in half, a lot of his jumping are missing the bosses completely.

I do get what you saying, my hope is it's just the person is so shit.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
i think it looks rather bad because of the person playing it, i would think someone half decent would cut the battle times in half, a lot of his jumping are missing the bosses completely.

I do get what you saying, my hope is it's just the person is so shit.
yeah, but all combat system shown looks like it is 2012-2013. really, just doesn't look modern or doing something interesting, apart from flaming sword, that's most boring part. like 1,2,3, rinse and repeat the same hitting..

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
yeah, but all combat system shown looks like it is 2012-2013. really, just doesn't look modern or doing something interesting, apart from flaming sword, that's most boring part. like 1,2,3, rinse and repeat the same hitting..
the most interesting parts were the shadow of the colossus type interactivity but it didn't seem like you could do anything special except hack and slash once you had a good perch. wasted opportunity

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
the most interesting parts were the shadow of the colossus type interactivity but it didn't seem like you could do anything special except hack and slash once you had a good perch. wasted opportunity
wasn't the same in the first game? yeah, it looks cool, first few times, but later it is like a chore with all these big enemies, as you try to climb him every time.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Looks like dragons dogma.

I suggest trying the first game if you want to assume it plays like MonHun. It does not. I hugely prefer MonHun but they’re very different games.

I assumed similar when first playing DD. Monhun is a bit more deliberate and chunky. DD feels a bit more traditional and of course is way more of a fantasy rpg and familiar.

I consider it a combat driven rpg opposite of let’s say a Dragon Age in my own head canon….

Looks great. I’m slowly being convinced on the day one. But I kinda don’t like the pawn system .. too many stupid looking designs messes with immersion for a bit and gives this pseudo mmo vibe.

Depends if they’ve taken narrative to next level. It was lacking big time.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Looks like dragons dogma.

I suggest trying the first game if you want to assume it plays like MonHun. It does not. I hugely prefer MonHun but they’re very different games.

I assumed similar when first playing DD. Monhun is a bit more deliberate and chunky. DD feels a bit more traditional and of course is way more of a fantasy rpg and familiar.

I consider it a combat driven rpg opposite of let’s say a Dragon Age in my own head canon….

Looks great. I’m slowly being convinced on the day one. But I kinda don’t like the pawn system .. too many stupid looking designs messes with immersion for a bit and gives this pseudo mmo vibe.

Depends if they’ve taken narrative to next level. It was lacking big time.
Asking as you seem fimiliar with the first.

Is there a level cap? can you keep on levelling after finishing the game to hundreds of level etc, are there items in this game, like super unique things like soul games, swords, bows etc when you kill monsters?

Can i swop myself with a pawn in combat or am i fixed to the same character, i see it says arisen so i quess you play as that 100% of the time.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Asking as you seem fimiliar with the first.

Is there a level cap? can you keep on levelling after finishing the game to hundreds of level etc, are there items in this game, like super unique things like soul games, swords, bows etc when you kill monsters?

Can i swop myself with a pawn in combat or am i fixed to the same character, i see it says arisen so i quess you play as that 100% of the time.

I can’t answer specifics. I think there’s shortcut commands for your party. While I put around 20 hours with the Dark Arisen rerelease I can barely remember much aside “if they hate fire then they’re gonna love this!” combat dialogue. There’s plenty of super fans that can surely answer this better.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Dragon's Dogma 2's Trickster is one of the most unique classes ever seen in an open world action RPG. It's a support vocation that fights by literally tricking its foes into careening off ledges, or leaping straight into traps, or by powering up its party of AI controlled pawns. Find out more in our Dragon's Dogma 2 Trickster Vocation Breakdown.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It's a pretty interesting class; not sure I like all the prep work and limited situations like throwing mobs of cliffs, etc, but it certainly is different.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's a pretty interesting class; not sure I like all the prep work and limited situations like throwing mobs of cliffs, etc, but it certainly is different.
Looks like garbage, unless you are one who likes boring turn based combat and dancing around. Like what the fuck is this gimmicky shit class?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Looks like garbage, unless you are one who likes boring turn based combat and dancing around. Like what the fuck is this gimmicky shit class?
i would not go that far, its a totally different play style, its good to have choice.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty