DualSense Edge Tips for FPS & Battle Royale Games | PlayStation Esports

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The biggest tip for FPS games and the DualSense Edge is this: BUY A DUALSENSE EDGE!!!!

Seriously, it is the best first-party control pad I have ever used, and without one, I might be done gaming due to arthritis in my right index finger.

The build quality, the customization and the ergonomics are all top-notch.

One example of the customizations: for Borderlands games, I have set the back triggers to be Run on the left back and Grenade on the right back. The advantages in firefights are huge!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’ve been looking at shooter pads for awhile. I use shoulder buttons for triggers for any and every game I can for ads and fire.

With that said, with that setup, the stock dual sense is actually the best stock pad for shooters like ever. I would be totally comfortable with it indefinitely. So that only leaves me needing a six button fight pad for street fighter as far as specialized controllers.

Now the search is for the right paddle triggers for even more comfortable and as instant button presses as the shoulder buttons.

Was honestly thinking scuff, which isn’t that different than the official Sony since they’re modified stock pads to begin with. Razer’s pad I would have to try…. I liked their last paddle triggers but the new ones seem iffy.

The official pad does seem like the cheapest option but I’m still leaning to third party products at the moment.

It’s still early. A year from now we’ll have a ton of cheap options on Amazon. These are the first run… I Usually get them on sale at half the cost.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I’ve been looking at shooter pads for awhile. I use shoulder buttons for triggers for any and every game I can for ads and fire.

With that said, with that setup, the stock dual sense is actually the best stock pad for shooters like ever. I would be totally comfortable with it indefinitely. So that only leaves me needing a six button fight pad for street fighter as far as specialized controllers.

Now the search is for the right paddle triggers for even more comfortable and as instant button presses as the shoulder buttons.

Was honestly thinking scuff, which isn’t that different than the official Sony since they’re modified stock pads to begin with. Razer’s pad I would have to try…. I liked their last paddle triggers but the new ones seem iffy.

The official pad does seem like the cheapest option but I’m still leaning to third party products at the moment.

It’s still early. A year from now we’ll have a ton of cheap options on Amazon. These are the first run… I Usually get them on sale at half the cost.
The Edge is what you are looking for, and the customizable deadlines and response curves are something that no other controller gives you, yet the third-party enhanced controllers will cost just as much, or sometimes more than the Edge does.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The biggest tip for FPS games and the DualSense Edge is this: BUY A DUALSENSE EDGE!!!!

Seriously, it is the best first-party control pad I have ever used, and without one, I might be done gaming due to arthritis in my right index finger.

The build quality, the customization and the ergonomics are all top-notch.

One example of the customizations: for Borderlands games, I have set the back triggers to be Run on the left back and Grenade on the right back. The advantages in firefights are huge!
You old fuck! 😂😂