Monster Hunter Wilds will get next update in Summer 2024 |UP| Rumor:Dusk Golem-Monster Hunter Wilds and Resident Evil 9 will be Open World

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Update 3/22 Rumor mill...

105527.jpg

The insider Dusk Golem, who is (sorta) reliable when it comes to Resident Evil and Silent Hill, has stated via his that Resident Evil 9 will have open-world elements, although he didn't say much.

(1/2) So here's a little tidbit I'll share, Capcom often will greenlight new initiatives in 3's closer together. Decent examples are RE7, RE:2 & DMCV were all Greenlit fairly close together to take advantage of their new RE Engine, & the idea to remake RE:2 inspired them to also
(2/2) take on RE:3 & RE:4 for a remake initiative. Dragons Dogma 2 expanded RE Engine functionality for open world games, the two other games building on this tech is Monster Hunter Wild & Resident Evil 9.

In short, Capcom usually has a plan to use new ideas in two or three games released close together, and in this example it used the games in the Resident Evil franchise, and added the recently released Dragon's Dogma 2, which is open-world.

Source

Last edited:

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
The Horizon my type game Guerrilla is developing will take a crap all over this, for starters, it will definitely look better.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
105527.jpg

The insider Dusk Golem, who is (sorta) reliable when it comes to Resident Evil and Silent Hill, has stated via his that Resident Evil 9 will have open-world elements, although he didn't say much.

(1/2) So here's a little tidbit I'll share, Capcom often will greenlight new initiatives in 3's closer together. Decent examples are RE7, RE:2 & DMCV were all Greenlit fairly close together to take advantage of their new RE Engine, & the idea to remake RE:2 inspired them to also
(2/2) take on RE:3 & RE:4 for a remake initiative. Dragons Dogma 2 expanded RE Engine functionality for open world games, the two other games building on this tech is Monster Hunter Wild & Resident Evil 9.

In short, Capcom usually has a plan to use new ideas in two or three games released close together, and in this example it used the games in the Resident Evil franchise, and added the recently released Dragon's Dogma 2, which is open-world.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Resident Evil 9 Remake being planned before the original comes out? Capcom is out here playing 12D chess while everyone else is playing checkers.
Yeah they got a big roadmap after they saw their remakes and their games making bank.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think Dusk Gollem didn't play Monster Hunter and doesn't know they already have been pretty much open world games for a while, and that open world games don't need anyhting else than the what already was available in previous RE engine games. He's mading up stuff as usal.

Regarding RE9 being open world or open world-ish could work but I think it's just another fanwish guess from him and that will continue being pretty much linear as before. Even if obviously being in a new gen they obviously will make their next game bigger.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I think Dusk Gollem didn't play Monster Hunter and doesn't know they already have been pretty much open world games for a while, and that open world games don't need anyhting else than the what already was available in previous RE engine games. He's mading up stuff as usal.

Regarding RE9 being open world or open world-ish could work but I think it's just another fanwish guess from him and that will continue being pretty much linear as before. Even if obviously being in a new gen they obviously will make their next game bigger.

World isn’t open world tho. Not saying it should be either. I take this as meaning wilds will have larger areas and that the tech improvements they are making to facilitate that as best as possible.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
World isn’t open world tho. Not saying it should be either. I take this as meaning wilds will have larger areas and that the tech improvements they are making to facilitate that as best as possible.
Yeah world isn't really open world.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
DuskGollem was right about 8 having witches and werewolf and 7 with hillbilly family just let it go already

Gona come back to this comments if hes right about RE9 are open world🤣

Last edited:

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Dusk Golem has an extremely high accuracy when it comes to the horror games because that's what he cares about the most so Resident Evil 9 being open world won't be surprising. I don't think that it should be but whatever it will be will be.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Leaker Gives Update on Final Fantasy 9 and 10 Remakes​

A reputable leaker has provided Final Fantasy fans with updates on some of the franchise's new games that are supposedly on the way, such as the long-rumored remakes of Final Fantasy 9 and Final Fantasy 10. It's a good time to be a Final Fantasy fan, with Square Enix recently releasing Final Fantasy 16 to widespread critical acclaim and ramping up its marketing push for Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, scheduled for release in 2024.

Franchise fans can look forward to the two Final Fantasy 16 DLC expansions that are on the way along with the game's PC port, and they can also keep an eye out more news on Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth. Some Final Fantasy enthusiasts may already be thinking about what's next for the long-running RPG series after the release of FF7 Rebirth and the post-launch support for FF16 wrap up. As it turns out, next in line could be a remake of Final Fantasy 9.

The Final Fantasy 9 remake first leaked ages ago, and now a new update has come courtesy of reputable leaker I'm a Hero Too, who recently touched on some things that are supposedly in the pipeline for Square Enix. According to their information, the Final Fantasy 9 remake was looking to launch at some point in the summer of 2024, but those plans may have changed. The leaker also said that the Final Fantasy 10 remake currently has a "skeleton crew" and will not be making the game's anniversary. Final Fantasy 10-3 was mentioned in conjunction with the FF10 remake, but it's unclear if the projects are one and the same.
In the same leak, the leaker also claimed that Square Enix has new PS5 dev kits that could very well be the rumored PS5 Pro console. No such console has been announced at the time of this writing, but rumor has it that Sony is indeed preparing PS5 console revisions. If a PS5 Pro console doesn't materialize, there is some more concrete evidence that suggests a PS5 Slim model is in the works at least.

As far as other Final Fantasy leaks, it's been said that Square Enix has a Nintendo Switch 2 dev kit as well and has successfully ported Final Fantasy 7 Remake to Nintendo's next console. The possibility was floated that Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be a launch title for the next Nintendo console, but the leaker was ultimately "not sure" if that was accurate or not.