E3 is officially dead

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Terrible, having all the shows together really made it competitive and got us the most out of PlayStation...

2015 and 2016 specifically were just unbelievable for me, almost surreal they were so good.

In recent years I have had no real excitement for the shows anyone put on and it's a shame. The energy isn't like it used to be...

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Maybe now that COVID is over with, Sony can go through with the plan that was spoken of the make PSX a multi-city touring event.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
One of my favorite parts of E3 was the cringe. So many cringe worthy moments over the years. Does anyone remember, I think it was 2017 or 2018, when that YouTuber was on stage talking about Need For Speed Payback and he screwed the whole thing up? Called one of the developers by the wrong name. He almost said "I'm bombing," but he stopped himself. We don't get hilarious moments like that anymore and it's sad.

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I hope Devolver finds a way to continue poking fun at others .. they really have a great show every year (even after it basicially stopped)

Also

My favorite E3 memoy: Representing XBOX at E3 (as their Ad Agency partner) for the launch of 360, and getting 1-1 time with Jade Raymond during the press event for the launch of Assassins Creed.

As a gamer: I just loved having a week of pure gaming news and trailers - ike Christmas for what I would be buying in the coming year, and things to look forward to. Also, loved some of the cringe - because who does not love a good train wreck?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
E3 was literally gaming Christmas, glad it we got to experience that. Sony 2016 might have been the best show e3 ever had

Reactions: JAHGamer

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Don't worry, it evolved into The Game Awards, an ad-filled, less-hands-on, more-obnoxious version.

• sad
Reactions: JAHGamer