|UP| New Battlefield Game Is A "Tremendous Live Service" Game. Could have 'most realistic destruction effects in the industry'.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Update 5/8

In today's earnings call, EA CEO Andrew Wilson says he has been playing the next Battlefield game with the development team and it will be a "tremendous live service."

1705153861815.png

Thanks to a job listing that has surfaced from Ripple Effect, a studio working on the next Battlefield game, it seems that destructibility is making an epic return.

Bring It All Down​

In the recent Ripple Effect job listing for a VFX Director in Canada, it’s stressed that the team is looking for a ‘Senior 3D Artist’ to create ‘the most realistic and exciting destruction effects in the industry.’ It was then highlighted that a key part of the role will be to ‘create optimised and hyper-realistic in-game VFX.’

That’s a bold mission, especially with the recent release of games like The Finals, which is a shooter that has been created by ex-Battlefield developers to boast what is – at the moment – unparalleled destructive capabilities.

Regardless of the competition, it could be a dramatic return to form for Battlefield, a franchise that has long been slipping further down the charts.

In 2021, Battlefield 2042 was released and quickly became referenced as the worst game in franchise history.

It was a far cry from the series’ heyday, which is widely considered to be between 2011 and 2013 with Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4.

If Ripple Effect – and other associated studios under the EA banner – can hit the destruction nail on the head, Battlefield 6 (not the confirmed name) could be off to a flying start.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Please be true! Between audio/sound (BF use to have the best explosion and gunfire sounds I ever heard!) and destruction I'd jump back in. We need it back!

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Please be true! Between audio/sound (BF use to have the best explosion and gunfire sounds I ever heard!) and destruction I'd jump back in. We need it back!
people sometimes says, oh, they copied game N, they copied game M, just look at Battlefield, they can't copy Bad Company 2 almost few decades now..

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
people sometimes says, oh, they copied game N, they copied game M, just look at Battlefield, they can't copy Bad Company 2 almost few decades now..
Use to love tht series man! It was so distinctive to COD tht I could buy both separately and enjoy them at the same time but now it's like meh I skip COD every few years (didn't buy this last one) and I don't even look at BF anymore.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Use to love tht series man! It was so distinctive to COD tht I could buy both separately and enjoy them at the same time but now it's like meh I skip COD every few years (didn't buy this last one) and I don't even look at BF anymore.
yeah, they were huge. but they screwed franchise with half-assed games. instead of doing justice for franchise, they just nickel and dimed.

• Shake
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
yeah, they were huge. but they screwed franchise with half-assed games. instead of doing justice for franchise, they just nickel and dimed.
Well let's see if we get some resemblance of form from years past and I'll Def buy it again.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

BC2 destruction was really good, I also liked how much more dense the maps were with a lot more going in in small spaces.

We also need to bring back the Metro map, that's still the most fun map DICE has ever made

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
BC2 destruction was really good, I also liked how much more dense the maps were with a lot more going in in small spaces.

We also need to bring back the Metro map, that's still the most fun map DICE has ever made
Toppling bldgs, ripping out whole walls while enemies were inside was so good!

Reactions: xollowsob
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sniper hiding in a building? No problem just destroy the entire thing.

I really miss that from Battlefield
You can't quantify those added dynamics in mp games. Anything can happen and usually did. I hate super baked in mp games.

Reactions: xollowsob

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
The first BF I ever played was BF 1943, loved it. I used to jump out of a plane, land on the lighthouse and troll snipers that were usually there before killing them. Then I played BF 1 and 4. Loved both, but BF 1 was my favorite because the gameplay is a nice mix between hardcore and casual (I am not really good at MP shooters). I also played BF 2042 quite a bit and liked it, but nowhere near these three I mentioned. Excellent sound effects, music and the destructability are the strongest advantages this franchise has, also the fact that you get points for a lot of things, so that even if you suck at killing others you can contribute and have fun. My favorite classes are medic and engineer. Hopefully they can find a way to get back on the right path and give the fans what they want.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Bro I remember having 4 on PS3 then getting the PS4 upgade and playing hundreds more hours! I was loving tht little upgrade in graphics.
Yup! I played the Beta on PS3 but then got it launch day for PS4. Now that was a next gen experience and a game that didn't take itself too seriously. Allowing us to play the game however we want.

They should have just turned the game Into it's own platform like what happened with Siege. I miss that era of online games.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yup! I played the Beta on PS3 but then got it launch day for PS4. Now that was a next gen experience and a game that didn't take itself too seriously. Allowing us to play the game however we want.

They should have just turned the game Into it's own platform like what happened with Siege. I miss that era of online games.
I played it like two years ago, it still looked farely good.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The first BF I ever played was BF 1943, loved it. I used to jump out of a plane, land on the lighthouse and troll snipers that were usually there before killing them. Then I played BF 1 and 4. Loved both, but BF 1 was my favorite because the gameplay is a nice mix between hardcore and casual (I am not really good at MP shooters). I also played BF 2042 quite a bit and liked it, but nowhere near these three I mentioned. Excellent sound effects, music and the destructability are the strongest advantages this franchise has, also the fact that you get points for a lot of things, so that even if you suck at killing others you can contribute and have fun. My favorite classes are medic and engineer. Hopefully they can find a way to get back on the right path and give the fans what they want.
B1943 was pretty good, but main meal was BBC2 🙂